Styskal, Wiese & Melchione, LLP (“SWM”) is a progressive, transactional based, AV-rated boutique law firm with 14 attorneys. Dedicated to representing hundreds of credit unions and other financial institutions nationwide, SWM offers its clients unsurpassed expertise, service, and exceptional counsel on the broad range of issues affecting the banking and financial industry.
SWM is seeking a talented Legal Administrative Assistant/Secretary to join our team. The ideal candidate is a highly detail-oriented, fast learner and creative problem solver.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Directly assist and support several attorneys
· Edit, format, proofread, redline, compare, and transmit legal documents
· Manage Outlook calendar of all appointments and meetings
· Draft letters and forms and prepare documents for clients
· Maintain client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential
· Three (3) years relevant experience in a law firm or professional services environment
· BA or BS degree
· Must be a team player with excellent administrative, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
· Advanced working knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
· Significant experience with document redlining (track changes) and comparing within Microsoft Office
· Excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills
· Willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges in a fast-paced environment
· Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines, remain flexible and be able to work late if needed, and continue to be proactive, resourceful and efficient
· Able to handle multiple projects and assignments with changing priorities
· Ability to learn new systems and technology
· Experience in a corporate and/or transactional legal firm/practice/department is preferred
· Familiarity with financial services, contracts, mergers, compliance, intellectual property, corporate transactions or litigation is beneficial
· Knowledge of Lexis Advance, PACER, USPTO TESS, and/or corporate filings
For consideration, please send your resume to Sawsan Charif (Sawsan.firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about our firm, visit www.swmllp.com.
Styskal, Wiese & Melchione is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.