- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Style Crest, Inc. is a national distributor of quality products and services for manufactured and residential site homes. Our Fremont, Ohio distribution operation has a career opportunity available for an experienced Distribution Supervisor who will lead a team of associates primarily on 1st shift to accomplish our operational and customer satisfaction goals through effective leadership, associate engagement and development, team building and problem resolution. This role leads accurate and timely order fulfillment, inventory management and replenishment, customer service, safety & housekeeping, and transportation activities for their assigned teams.
As a Distribution Supervisor at Style Crest, your typical daily activities include:
- Supervises the daily activities for a team(s) of the associates in our Ohio distribution operation including setting job expectations, coaching performance, safety and housekeeping, time & attendance, and problem resolution. Leads the shift to accomplish its daily goals in a manner that is safe, efficient, and meets our customer expectations.
- Participates in hiring new team members. Provides training, mentoring, and coaching to improve and expand skill set and job knowledge. Facilitates cross training and fosters teamwork to build a flexible workforce. Drives a workplace culture that is a positive work environment with engaged team members.
- Provides detailed overviews and frequent communication to the management team outlining any distribution issues, performance efficiencies, inventory discrepancies, opportunities for improvement, problem resolution and/or any other key information that could impact the operation. Identifies the root cause of service failures and damage occurring on the shift and implements a resolution. Works closely with shift leads to ensure alignment on expectations.
- Responsible for the shift’s adherence to inventory control processes. Resolves inventory discrepancies, participates in cycle counting, and communicates any inventory issues impacting customer orders immediately. Ensures replenishment activities are completed same day as well as any receiving from internal or outside suppliers that may occur on assigned shift. Assists in physical inventory.
- Adheres to and enforces safety & housekeeping protocols and expectations. Ensures all areas of the warehouse are kept organized and work is being performed in a safe manner. Ensures equipment is in proper working condition and immediately resolves any issues. Ensures the company’s products and materials are secure.
- Works with the manufacturing operation and purchasing to ensure inbound and outbound activities are communicated, scheduled, and performed to support our 24/7 plant production schedule, customer deliveries, and internal transfers. Ensures all inventory transfer processes are completed timely to provide updated inventory information for customer order fulfillment. Communicates any resource, space, or equipment constraints or issues timely to ensure plant production is not impacted.
- Oversees daily receiving from internal or external suppliers that may occur as assigned. Ensures receiving is completed timely and accurately to maintain up to date inventory counts to fulfill customer orders or for plant production. Works with purchasing, manufacturing, and/or distribution to resolve receipt issues. Evaluates and provides direction for the best use of warehouse space during the receiving and put away processes. Communicates to DC Manager any space constraints and recommends solutions.
- Ensures all outbound trucks (our fleet or carrier) are loaded correctly and timely to fulfill our customer delivery expectations. Assists team as needed. Works closely with traffic to understand the schedule for route deliveries, internal DC transfers, full truckloads, LTL’s, CPU or FedEx to plan efficient pulling and loading activities for the shift. Ensures all paperwork is completed and the proper workflow processes are followed during shift. Communicates key inventory or operational items to the next shift and/or cross functional departments. Works with internal DCs and purchasing on transfer discrepancies.
- Demonstrates a strong passion for continual process improvements by leading projects and a team of associates to provide best-in-class order fulfillment, on-time delivery, increased productivity, and improved operational efficiencies.
- Provides support to other shifts and/or associates in other distribution areas as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- At least 5 years of supervisory/management experience in distribution in a similar pick/pack warehouse environment.
- Proven ability to lead others in a fast pace and complex operation.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations, and/or business is preferred.
- Must have a strong background in inventory control and management.
- A hands-on, visible leader with a strong work ethic and a passion for continuous improvement, collaboration, talent development and coaching others.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills at all levels in the organization.
- Experience with a private fleet with DOT knowledge is preferred.
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to quickly learn ERP software, workflows, and hardware.
- Must be detailed oriented and have strong analysis skills to recognize problems.
- Ability to use logical judgment to make sound decisions and resolve problems and conflict.
- A customer service focused individual who operates from a clear set of positive values and principles.
- Ability to build and lead a team that produces quality results.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully juggle multiple priorities at one time.
- Flexible, adaptive, and able to manage change.
- Ability to fully responsible and accountable for the success of the team and shift operation.
- Must be able to work assigned shift hours and be flexible when business needs require flexible hours.
Style Crest offers competitive pay and benefits and is an equal opportunity employer!
Our associates ensure consistent quality and performance with their skill, attitude and teamwork allowing us to serve the residential and manufactured housing industry better than anyone. This is a family of over 600 dedicated associates working toward a common goal where the customer is at the center of every decision we make.
Style Crest, Inc.
Style Crest, Inc. has been setting the standard in the housing industry for quality and performance for 50 years. We sell, distribute, manufacture and install a full range of building products and services that offer enduring quality and performance leading to customer satisfaction. Our associates ensure consistent quality and performance with their skill, attitude and teamwork allowing us to serve the residential and manufactured housing industry better than anyone. This is a family of over 600 dedicated associates working toward a common goal where the customer is at the center of every decision we make.
1411 Majestic DrivePerrysburg, OH
Transportation and Storage