Stuyvesant Heights Christian Church
(Early Childhood Learning Center) Bedford Stuyvesant, Brooklyn
We currently have an opportunity for an Early Childhood Education Center/UPK and After-School Director to join our caring and expanding team. We are looking for an individual that has New York State Child Care Early Education Center management experience with high standards. The ideal candidate will have to be committed and want to make a difference in the lives of young students and their families, while effectively and efficiently running all aspects of operations. This individual must also have the ability to effectively establish relationships with staff, parents, children and the community at large.
In this extremely rewarding position, you will assume ultimate responsibility for creating and maintaining an educational and nurturing environment for the students and families we serve as well as timely submissions of contracts and operational budgets. This position requires the ability to provide exceptional customer service, excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Familiarity with the NYC Department of Education PKFA policies and procedures
· Knowledge and understanding of New York State early childhood learning standards
· High expectations for instruction and social, emotional support of students
· Knowledgeable of research-based best practices
· Experience with rating expectations of ECERS and CLASS
· Core belief that all students can learn.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Reports directly to the Daycare Board Chair
· Ensures compliance with NYC Department of Mental Health and Hygiene, NYC PKFA policy and procedures
· Works collaboratively with Early Childhood Specialist and the Office of Early Childhood to ensure consistency throughout the program
· Assess instructional needs, and ensures Daycare, PKFA procedures/protocols are followed
· Trains and coaches teaching staff to meet program standards
· Monitors classrooms and classroom schedules daily
· Reviews lesson plans weekly
· Models and fosters positive family engagement
· Uses ECERS and CLASS evaluations to plan for and implement ongoing program support
· Supervises staff to ensure they are meeting NYC DOE Early Childhood Framework for Quality
· Works collaboratively with Daycare Board to employ staff and evaluate staff performance
· Uses student assessment data to work with staff to meet the needs of all students
· Manages all paperwork relating to Daycare, PKFA and Afterschool programs
· In conjunction with Daycare board and CPA create and manage budgets
· Implements staffing schedules, conducting tours and overseeing all aspects of admission.
· Promotes and oversees school activities /events.
· Ensures staff and children's records are current and accurate.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
· Masters of Education in Early Childhood, or Early Childhood Special Education is preferred
· Current NYS Teaching Certification (N-6),
· NYS Certification
· A minimum 3-5 years of experience as a teacher with classroom experience including 3 years of experience as a Lead Teacher in an Early Childhood classroom
· Experience working successfully in an inclusive and diverse work environment
· Experience in fiscal management/budget preparation
· First Aid and CPR certification preferred
· Knowledge of the Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold Assessment Online
· Bilingual skills a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Work Authorization: United States (Required)
Position Start Date: Immediate
Salary: Based upon Experience, Commensurate with Market Value/Median Salary)
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com as well as call 718-783-5383 mailbox # 2 to confirm receipt. Professionals are selected on the basis of ability without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Age, National Origin, Disability or Marital Status in Accordance with Federal and State Law.