*** Job is Located In Syracuse, NE
Diesel Technician Mechanic
Employee Health Insurance, Personal Time, Holidays, Retirement
Job Description: Diesel Technician Mechanic
We are adding to our Service Team. We are looking for an experienced mechanic to specialize in John Deere Large Ag Equipment, specifically combines, sprayers and balers. Do you have experience and a desire to learn? We are a family owned and family friendly company. This is a 40+ hours a week, full time position. We will provide additional technical training. Technician must have their own tools, specialty tools are provided. Wages are negotiable based upon experience. Technicians must pass motor vehicle report and be insurable prior to hire.
We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K retirement with company match, paid vacation and holidays. Long and short term disability, life insurance, safety bonus, health savings account along with a safe work environment and advancement opportunities.
Must be able to diagnose the correct failure mode, using the appropriate technical manual procedures and special tools. Must be able to perform complete component removal, disassembly and reconditions, following Technical manual procedures. Must be able to safely operate all machines marketed by the dealership. Must conduct themselves in the presence of customers in a manner that promotes a positive image of the company.
Skills and Qualifications
1. Graduation from technical training program or work history of 1+ years as a mechanic in a related field preferred.
2. John Deere certification preferred. Diesel or small engine repair and/or technician certification in related field
3. Electric diagnostic ability
4. Diagnose gasoline, diesel engines, balers, and sprayer components.
5. Diagnose and repair hydrostatic systems and transmissions.
6. Must be able to perform all tasks without supervision.
7. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
8. Ability to write and diagnosis and work completed or routine reports and correspondence.
9. Ability to speak effectively.
10. Ability to use personal computers and various types of diagnostic equipment.
11. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram form.
1. Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
2. Proficient in hydraulic and electrical systems.
3. Perform diagnosis and repair of Ag equipment
4. Familiar with computer aided diagnostic equipment
5. Perform reconditioning and repair of all machine systems and components.
6. Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments.
7. Report any additional work required on equipment to the Service Manager and/or Shop foreman.
8. Participate in all training programs as directed by the Service Manager
9. Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion
10.Bring in the attention of the service manager any shop tools, equipment or vehicle that is not in a serviceable condition or is unsafe to use.