AWS SysOps Administrator
Stuller Inc Lafayette, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Cloud SysOps Admins are responsible for the standardization, management, and maintain Cloud Infrastructure components, user access and security. This role serves as a key integration specialist and cross-functional resource for traditional (on-premises) infrastructure, hybrid cloud solutions. This position works with respective technology teams on aspects related to the requirements of cloud architecture and automation including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and deployment of solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Configuring the AWS cloud system, managing & understanding business use case of most AWS services.
- Improving the quality of existing resources, working on the resources that will be the part of planning and POC.
- Making use of extremely robust Amazon CloudWatch to check the metrics and usage of all the resources of AWS at full potential.
- Utilizing automation skills in AWS infrastructure to overcome the time needed for production in Cloud Formation.
- Creating a backup of all the resources, SysOps administrators use AWS services and prepare an on-premise backup of resources.
- Documenting Runbooks and Architecture diagrams for easy knowledge sharing and tracking.
- Coordinating with other teams to work on security alerts and patching schedules in the AWS systems and increase the overall performance and security.
- Keeping up with new services all the cloud services provide that align with business needs.
- Should be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Able to come up with innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate productive working relationships.
- The ability to stay organized
- Communication skills to explain complicated computer concepts
- Discretion in handling people's private information on data servers and throughout the network
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Cloud SysOps Admin backgrounds should be in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Infrastructure Administration, or a related field. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a history of academic and/or professional success. This position will report directly to a Lead Cloud Administrator and demonstrate the ability to work directly with peers and users. Excellent oral and written communication skills is a must. Candidates should either have obtained or be working towards earning advanced/professional certifications from AWS, Azure of GCP.
- 2-4 Years' Experience
- DevOps/SysOps Background
- Debugging Tools and Practices
- Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Source Control (Git)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure Automation Tools (i.e. Terraform, Ansible)
- Virtualization Systems
Headquartered in Lafayette, LA, Stuller was named Louisiana's Best-In-State Employer in a 2020 survey published by Forbes. With more than 1,500 employees worldwide—from artisans to engineers and bench jewelers to technologists—Stuller is more committed than ever to bringing together the best people to deliver an unparalleled customer experience with every order. Come join us!
302 Rue Louis XIVLafayette, LA
TechnologyView all jobs at Stuller Inc