Associate Content Generalist
Study.com Mountain View, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Our mission is to make education accessible and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
As a member of the Study.com team, you’ll help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $132 million in college tuition.
You’ll also be part of a company dedicated to contributing to society. Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across social impact programs, including matching employee contributions to non-profit organizations and millions to help schools during the pandemic.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. And our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
Study.com is searching for an Associate Content Generalist who is excited and passionate about our mission of making education accessible.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Associate Content Generalist Position
Responsibilities vary by team but can include:
- Coordinate the development of courses for college credit.
- Develop processes for our new but rapidly growing collection of homework help resources.
- Build workforce skills courses aligned with the needs of leading organizations.
- Strengthen and help market our catalog of test prep courses.
- Dive into a spreadsheet to identify our next thousand homework help resources and lessons.
- Help grow and organize our library of over 10,000 teacher resources (lesson plans, activities, etc.).
- Support contractors by answering questions, troubleshooting and doing whatever needs to be done to drive project delivery.
- Connect with bloggers, webmasters and others on the web to build awareness of our resources.
- Collaborate with development and feature teams to test and refine internal tools and site features.
A day at work might look like:
- Making quick but thoughtful decisions, such as when you are QAing lessons, sourcing contractors, and planning new content types.
- Writing simple and clear instructions, documentation, and style guides for lessons, courses, articles, and other asset types.
- Communicating with your scrum team members to meet mini-goals set by the team every two weeks.
- Working within the agile scrum framework to juggle multiple projects and iterate plans based on new information (we’ll teach you about working in an agile environment).
- Balancing efficiency and quality by knowing when it’s time to ‘get things done’ and when you need to slow down and focus on details.
- Demonstrating tech savvy and computer literacy by quickly learning how to use our suite of web tools.
- Taking a walk with your manager to talk about your career development goals.
As a Content Generalist, you’ll grow and expand your career by:
- Embracing continuous learning and seeking out knowledge and skills from diverse sources including coworkers, websites, and application practice.
- Fostering healthy team collaboration by regularly giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Finding areas of focus where you can become a company expert.
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Meeting team goals around content production, traffic, and scaling.
- Creatively helping the company meet revenue and growth goals.
- Growing in your areas of strength and developing new strengths.
You’ll join a team that’s:
- Focused on our mission of making education accessible through bite-sized, engaging lessons.
- Collaborative with a strong emphasis on the success of the team.
- Always willing to help each other be successful.
- Regularly celebrating successes and milestones.
What you’ll add to Study.com:
- 1-3 years of experience working in digital content, ed tech, or similar
- First hand experience in education and teaching
- Work experience at an e-learning company
Other qualifications we'd love to see:
- Experience managing content development operations
- SEO experience
- Video editing and production skills
- Copywriting experience
- Link building experience
- Work experience with Agile/Scrum
Please Note: With the current shelter-in-place orders, new employees are being onboarded and working remotely. Once the order is lifted and it’s safe to return to the office, this position will be located in our office in Mountain View, CA.
Life at Study.com
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressMountain View, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Study.com