Gas service attendants are at the forefront of customer service. Positive interactions with customers ensure repeat business in the future for gas station/convenience store. Welcoming an incoming customer with a friendly smile and warm greeting goes a long way and assures they leave the premises with a positive impression of the station.
Service Attendant Duties and Responsibilities,
· Oversee sale of gasoline and retail items - Cigarettes, soft drink, snacks, electronics, souvenirs etc.
· Restock products to shelves, check expiration dates, ensure only fresh/intact products are sold.
· Charge customers for cash and debit/credit card purchases using our POS system.
· Check for valid ID for any attempted purchases of alcohol or tobacco products.
· Keep inside and outside of property clear of garbage and mess (bathroom, floors, windows, exterior, gas pumps, shelves, counter, etc.).
· Clean gas dispenser as need it.(leaving clean dispenser its first impression of store).
· Dress professionally each day, including any uniforms provided.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions in English.
• Good Communication Skills.
• Ability to problem solve and multi-task.
• Lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to bend, stoop, twist, and move freely in the performance of the position.
• Ability to perform arithmetical calculations at the eighth grade level.
• Ability to work in a cooler at temperature of 34 degrees up to 30 minutes at a time.
This position description does not list all the duties of the position. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this position description. The employer has the right to revise this position description at any time. This position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reasons