Senior Pipeline TD (Python) - Remote or On Site
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Studio Wildcard - Redmond, WA or Remote
Senior Pipeline TD (Python)
We're Studio Wildcard, developers of the smash indie hit ARK: Survival Evolved! There's never been a better time to join us on our next adventure as we build ARK 2, the next chapter of our original hit franchise! We are looking for a Senior Pipeline TD responsible for improving artist efficiency through the development and maintenance of Python, ShotGrid and Perforce-based software tools, providing pipeline support to artists, and general troubleshooting of the asset pipeline for ARK 2. Receives technical and career guidance as well as day-to-day direction and priorities from Studio Technical Art Director.
- Develop GUI-based Python, Perforce and ShotGrid pipeline and asset management tools in a Windows-based environment to meet immediate and future game production demands, ensuring team-wide consistency as designed by Art and Technical Art leadership.
- Work primarily on tools of a high degree of complexity, requiring broad understanding of the larger pipeline and codebase. Help maintain and extend a wide array of existing workflows and scripts including ownership of a customized ShotGrid Toolkit / Perforce implementation that ties together DCC Source Assets with Unreal Engine Runtime Assets.
- Provide front-line tool support across a wide range of disciplines, troubleshoot assets and data translation issues, and help artists with general problem-solving.
- Test and validate tools and techniques in production while regularly releasing new and modified software systems.
- Collaborate effectively with artists, game designers, and technical art staff across a wide range of geographic locations, time zones, and infrastructure. Monitor Slack requests and package up problems for further analyses and development by other technical art team members.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of software and systems used in game development; contribute to evolving standards and conventions employed by the team and studio.
- Update Confluence-based wiki documentation for the pipeline and tools to reflect any changes that are made.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining Python-based tools for use in game development or visual effects.
- At least 5 years cumulative production experience in game development, visual effects or related fields.
- Advanced Python knowledge, including GUI frameworks such as PyQt / PySide
- Experience scripting in one or more of Maya, Houdini, Unreal Engine, Photoshop, etc
- Thorough understanding of the entire asset development process, from concept to modeling and texturing, rigging, animation, exporting and importing to a real-time engine or renderer.
- Experience with the concepts of version control as used in software development.
- Proactive, autonomous, accountable self-starter that welcomes full ownership of their work and responsibilities.
- Always exemplifying professionalism, you are a true team player that values working with others and solving complex problems together.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Autodesk ShotGrid strongly desired
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine a huge plus
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with C, C++
- Experience with Windows development and applications such as 3ds max a plus
Required Application Materials:
- Online Portfolio that effectively exemplifies samples of current and past development work while also clearly demonstrating/communicating how production objectives and specifications were solved/met
- Python Code Sample w/ GUI
About Studio Wildcard
Studio Wildcard was founded in 2014 by industry veterans Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions designed for core gamers. With countless years of combined industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Wildcard's core team continues to grow, with offices in Redmond, WA and Gainesville, FL including distributed team members across multiple continents.
TechnologyView all jobs at Studio Wildcard
Get fresh Python Developer Remote jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.