Brand Graphic Design Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Studio Wildcard - Seattle, WA
Brand Graphic Design Generalist
We're Studio Wildcard, developers of the smash indie hit ARK: Survival Evolved -- one of the most popular and original video games in recent years. Despite our massive success, we've been able to stay independent, so that we can steer our own future in games and beyond. There's never been a better time for you to join this adventure and help us build ARK II, the next chapter of our original hit franchise! We're expanding and updating many of the ARK community's most beloved features, while taking full advantage of the latest tools and technologies. And now we're searching for an exceptionally talented and passionate Graphic Designer and overall graphic art generalist who can create stunning, high-impact Marketing, Promotional and Community-targeted visuals across many platforms and formats to represent the expanding ARK franchise.
- Create a wide range of custom layouts and designs representing a variety of ARK game and franchise-related products, incorporating illustration elements, logos with typography and other graphic elements (both provided and created).
- Design entirely new ARK graphics and collateral materials when required, from fun promotional items to awesome convention-floor displays, and more
- Work closely with the Art Director, Marketing and Community Leads, Producers and Executive Leadership to design and refine the assets and compositions, from layout/concept sketches and mockups through the refinement stages to the final product.
- Work with different versions of our products’ logos and other brand graphics, creatively adapting them to a range of unique uses, designing new themes and ‘skins’.
- Be comfortable working in the current “ARK brand style” to match the look of our prior Ark marketing and promo materials, while also being able to creatively expand and adapt that style for special situations, and even to help lead its broader style evolution over time.
- Be extremely confident using a range of 2D design tools to take the color imagery from our illustrators and create, rearrange, recompose and customize a wide range of layouts needed for the many different formats and uses required for our public-facing marketing and player community needs.
- Collaborate closely with our other marketing/promotional Illustrator(s) and 3D artists, in the creation of all of the above.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a commercial Graphic Designer, preferably with substantial promotional/packaging/advertising experience.
- Versatility and confidence in the broader genre and visual stylistic ‘vibe’ of ARK, and the fun, passionate game-loving, player-community-driven flavor of our games and our brand.
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, etc., and confidence with their many interrelated features including layers, masks, adjustment layers, smart objects, etc.
Working familiarity with Microsoft Office (e.g. PowerPoint, etc) and equivalent G-Suite tools (Google Slides, etc) to create ancillary marketing or communication documents such as slide decks and more.
- Willingness to execute work in the established ARK ‘house Graphic Design style’, working with the Art Director and other visual design colleagues to define and even evolve that look over time.
- Strong self-motivation, professionalism, communication and organization, and awesome team-player attitude; creative flexibility and willingness to take detailed creative direction, often through many rounds of client revisions.
- Strong proficiency in foundational Graphic Design principles such as typography, composition, layout, color & value theory
- At least some knowledge and experience engaging with media production partners, providers and vendors, from printers to website hosts and other various intermediary studios, agencies, etc
- Experience working with 3D software (e.g Blender, Maya, etc) ideally as a part of a ‘hybrid 2D/3D process’ but at a minimum for establishing basic static compositions to serve as the ‘base’ for the final 2D-finished pieces...
- Experience working in the Unreal Engine….
Experience with web design...
- BFA or Portfolio demonstration of industry standard skill set.
- Some experience with other non-static (e.g. MotionGraphics) media and tools, e.g. Adobe Premiere and/or AfterEffects to create moving/animated content, and Blender or C4D for 3D, for instance
- Fan of either ARK or ATLAS.
Required Application Materials:
- A robust portfolio, which showcases the variety and genre-fit described above, and includes some samples of the entire graphic design creative development process, from sketches/mockups through tight roughs to finals.
About Studio Wildcard
Studio Wildcard was founded in 2014 by industry veterans Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions designed for core gamers. With countless years of combined industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Wildcard's core team continues to grow, with offices in Redmond, WA and Gainesville, FL including distributed team members across multiple continents.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Studio Wildcard