- Posted: March 29, 2023
- $80,000 to $125,000 Yearly
Studio T-SQ. is an Architectural firm seeking a Project Architect/Project Manager with 7-10 years’ experience in Construction Administration. Experience in high density residential, Types I, III, & V, podium and wrap buildings required. Apartment product types include market rate, affordable and mixed use residential/retail. Applicants must have experience with Procore, Bluebeam, PlanGrid and a basic understanding of Revit
Who We Are
Studio T-SQ. is an award-winning Architecture + Planning firm in Uptown Oakland. We specialize in high-density residential/retail mixed-use (market-rate and affordable), Transit-Oriented Design (TOD), hospitality, commercial and planning/urban design projects. We thrive on developing creative and compelling design solutions that surpass Client’s expectations while respecting and responding to the environment and the community.
How You Will Contribute
- Lead entire project team to success in a collaborative environment.
- Provide construction administration services for the construction phase of multiple projects.
- Assume responsibility to be primary client and contractor contact and authority to direct, control, and monitor all project activities during construction while working in conjunction with the Director of Architecture, Director of Architectural Technology, Project Manager, and/or PIC.
- Lead and coordinate projects construction phase activities with clients, consultants, contractors, city agencies and internal team members.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively, while maintaining positive communication with all project team members.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to emerging designers and internal design team.
- Assume ownership of assignments, meet deadlines and budgets with diligence and with proper time management.
- Participation in quality control reviews.
What We Offer
- A hybrid work schedule. Studio T-SQ. understands the need for flexibility in our employees' lives. That's why we have adopted a companywide hybrid work environment.
- Company provided computer and software needed to perform work.
- A competitive salary - $80,000 - $125,000 annually, depending on experience.
- A team environment to demonstrate our best ideas and work as we continue offering superb service to our employees and our clients.
- Health insurance through Aetna and Kaiser, dental, and vision.
- Additional perks : company sponsored basic life insurance and long-term disability insurance, flex spending, 401k opportunities, transit & parking benefits, employee discount programs through ADP, and access to legal services.
- Vacation time and 8 paid holidays.
- Professional Development opportunities including ongoing seminars with mentoring, reimbursement for certain career-related learning, professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
- A BART accessible location (19th Street station).
What is Required
- Strong background in Construction Administration with a minimum of 7-10 years of architectural experience.
- Licensed Architect in California preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Substantial experience in building construction technology and systems to execute project designs all the way through Construction phase.
- Ability to produce and coordinate design intent and related construction details.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and establish priorities.
- Strong ability to manage teams and coordinate processes during construction phase including RFI’s, ASI’s, Submittal and change order reviews.
- Basic skills in Revit, Procore construction software or similar, Bluebeam, Plangrid and Microsoft Office.
- Advanced knowledge of codes and accessibility requirements, contract documents, construction process, and roles and responsibilities of each member of the project team.
- Ability to travel and conduct field observation walks and meetings at the project sites generally within the Bay Area
- Multi-family residential, affordable housing or mixed-use experience a major plus.
- Strong time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to make sound decisions; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to listen.
Other Desirable Qualifications
- Results-focused and possess excellent organization skills to fully manage complex projects.
- Possess and exhibit a passion for design, while also being technically and detail minded.
- Able to work effectively in an open and collaborative team environment.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?