The Operations Manager is responsible for working with the Principal to create the infrastructure of the studio and to ensure it runs smoothly particularly when the Principal is away. They are an authority for the design team and a conduit to the additional team members such as the Lawyer, Accountant, PR Consultant, and Bookkeeper. The Operations Manager is instrumental in upholding the company culture and ensuring all employees are fully supported in their own professional development.
· Manages the relationship to the landlord
· Manages studio maintenance including: office supply orders, cleaning staff, and garbage
· Manages all phone messages
· Manages all IT software/hardware licensing, issues & upgrades
· Manages all license and insurance renewals
· Manages all benefits service providers
· Manages all tax correspondence with accountant
· Manages the bookkeeper and requests monthly P&L and profitability reports
· Oversees accuracy of Studio Designer data and reports
· Oversee timely payment of all consultants and vendors
Human Resources responsibilities:
· Maintains all Personnel files including Job Descriptions, Tax & Payroll forms, Handbooks, Reviews, PTO
Request Forms, Resumes, and Development.
· Manages Employee Review Schedule and professional development plans
· Manages Hiring Systems for Design Team from job posting creation, to posting, to scheduling interviews, sending offer letters and onboarding.
· Ensures Studio Munroe is up-to-date with all CA DOL laws
· Acts as the benefits manager, including Payroll oversight
· Participates in aspects of training for new design team members to be deter-mined as training schedules are written.
· Manages team building and office events
· Manages the company client relationship management tools
· Works with Emilie to develop income and profitability goals
· Analyses project budget calculations at project closure for ongoing budgeting and projections
· Liaise with Publicist to ensure timely receipt of PR deliverables, website deve-lopment and content additions. Content Calendar management.
· Manages Client and Photo Usage Agreement submission and client onboarding in database
4 year College degree
5+ years of similar experience. Design field a plus.
Proficient in Studio Designer software, preferred
Must have car and valid drivers license
Pay rate: Salaried, with benefits. Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Vacation and holidays, 401K plan, profit sharing program
Covid work protocol: As of October 2020, this position is remote 4 days of the week. We anticipate being on site full time, M-Fri 8:30am-5pm, at the design studio as soon as it is safe.
• Provide a cover letter with the following:
• 2-3 professional references
• Answer the question: What is the business book you are most influenced by?
• Salary request
Why Work Here?
A top San Francisco luxury interior design firm known for its modern chic sensibility and excellence in project management.