- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Students 2 Science, Inc is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to inspire, motivate and educate elementary, middle and high school students in economically disadvantaged communities to pursue careers in STEM and foster a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. S2S accomplishes this through its two signature programs.
- The ISAAC Program (Improving Student Affinity and Aptitude for Careers in STEM) provides students with authentic and rigorous STEM work experience in a state-of-the-art commercial laboratory.
- The V-Lab Program (Virtual Laboratory) conducts laboratory instructional sessions via a collaborative communication platform. The program includes science kits, detailed lessons, and lesson plans with how-to videos, all aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards.
Nature and Background of Position: The Students 2 Science (S2S) Technology Specialist is responsible for setting up, managing and troubleshooting the technology systems. This role will provide the day-to-day technical support to users as well as to our laboratory staff and teachers.
Principal Activities and Responsibilities:
General IT Management and Support
- Onboard and offboard employees: M365 account setup, Intune enrollment, laptop configuration, membership to SharePoint groups
- Work in close liaison with our Managed Services Partner tracking support tickets, covered devices and invoices
- Offer technical support to staff and troubleshoot computer problems
- Maintain IT assets and software licenses
- Understand and manage the overall IT infrastructure. Make recommendations for improvement
- Manage technical aspect of webinars (pre/during/post) production
- Support virtual platforms such as Zoom, Teams and WebEx
- Create and maintain IT documentation
Technical Lead for V-Lab operations
- Provide on-site support to instructors and teachers, for technical issues with the V-Lab program
- Design and provide V-Lab technical training for laboratory instructors, assistants, interns, and volunteers, including, operation of studios and equipment and troubleshooting internal studio related hardware and software
- Provide training in virtual platforms such as Zoom and WebEx to V-Lab teams
- Manage V-Lab studio equipment
- Oversee and support building IT hardware and software operations, upgrades, and repairs, as needed for laboratory computers and building network.
- Must have experience in administration of Microsoft 365
- High level of competency in the administration of SharePoint, and Intune, as well as Windows 10 and 11
- Strong knowledge of hardware, software, and information security
- Basic networking knowledge
- Working knowledge of video conferencing platforms, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Zoom Webinar and WebEx
- Basic skills and knowledge of video production for social media and marketing (i.e., editing, application of music, voice, etc.)
- Experience in CMS platforms/WordPress for web site editing and design a plus
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team
- Self- directed individual with analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 5 plus years of work experience
Proof of COVID Vaccination required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of experience and training required.
Physical Requirements: A significant amount of time is spent sitting, standing and walking in the facility. Must be able to read, write, and understand English. Good auditory and visual skills are required.
Students 2 Science
66 Deforest Ave.East Hanover, NJ
Get fresh Student Support Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.