Senior Legal Contracts Specialist (HYBRID)
Stryker Leesburg, VA
Senior Legal Contracts Specialist (HYBRID)
Expired: September 29, 2023 Applications are no longer accepted.
Work Flexibility: Hybrid
Who we want:
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes - finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Meticulous documenters. Detail-oriented people who enjoy maintaining meticulous documentation of reports, metrics, proposals, and presentations.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are driven to complete projects that meet regulations and expectations.
What you will do:
As our Senior Contracts Specialist, you will work in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment to support the contracting process across the global Spine business, including drafting, negotiation, issue spotting and resolution through the cycle of contract execution and maintenance. You will partner closely with commercial leaders and the legal team to bring a solutions-oriented approach to supporting a variety of contracting opportunities. You will work across the spectrum of sales, contracting, legal, finance, sales operations strategies, legal and administrative regulations, and company policies and procedures to guide internal stakeholders through the decision-making process and confirm appropriate levels of approval. You will also identify business and legal risks and proposes creative solutions for risk mitigation in collaboration with the business and legal teams, and represents Stryker's interests with internal and external stakeholders and customers. This is a hybrid role which is defined as being within driving distance to our Leesburg, VA, Allendale, NJ or Portage, MI sites-for meetings as needed.
- Draft, edit, review, and negotiate agreements with minimal supervision, in a manner that manages business and legal risk while effectively supporting internal and external customers in a timely manner and fast-paced environment
- Provide excellent, time-sensitive, solutions-oriented strategic contracting support to internal and external stakeholders
- Exhibit solid negotiation skills, including comfort in negotiating contractual terms with customers
- Build and maintain strong relationships with sales, finance, operations and other key stakeholders across the decentralized organization
- Exercise excellent judgment in identifying and escalating issues for attorney or management review in a timely manner
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Stryker Spine's product lines, competitive environment and customers to better support functional initiatives and provide recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Secure and record contract approvals from relevant stakeholders
- Monitor and track the status of contract-related matters and proactively provide updates as requested, including quarterly metrics
- Identify system or process improvements that increase efficiency and reduce cost
What you need:
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred however in lieu of a degree an additional 6 years of work experience will be considered.
- 2 + years experience or law degree preferred
- Broad and advanced knowledge and understanding of business and contracting processes
- A professional and positive demeanor with a proactive approach to take initiative beyond direct job responsibilities and influence and improve processes
- The ability to manage a high volume of complex work in a timely and thorough manner with minimal supervision
- Discretion in handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Understanding of basic budget and expense management
- High proficiency in computer systems and programs including the Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn Stryker-specific systems
Travel Percentage: 10%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
LegalView All Stryker Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.