Who we want
- Data translators. Highly effective communicators who can transform data findings into recommendations to compose reports and executive level presentations.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
As a Buyer/Planner in our Sustainability Solutions facility in Phoenix, AZ, you will be responsible for coordinating inbound and outbound logistical operations; including inventory management, production scheduling, and transportation to ensure sufficient supply of goods and products. You will be responsible for managing the commercial impact of the complete range of activities from purchasing, receiving, locating, and optimizing inventory levels for both finished goods being scheduled and raw materials or 3PL product being purchased. You will also administer an effective system that meets inventory control needs through efficient transportation of raw materials, component parts and/or finished goods.
You will also be responsible for managing the day to day relationships with suppliers and the production operations, including: providing manufacturing with a producible schedule that meets customer expectations, placing purchase orders and managing inventories to support production needs; expediting, de-expediting, and cancelling purchase orders; and updating and managing system parameters to optimize purchasing practices.
What you need
- A Bachelor's degree OR 10+ years of equivalent professional experience is required for this role
- Must have 2-3 years production scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced MS Excel skills and ERP, MRP & MPS understanding and experience
- Demonstrated results orientation, multi-tasking skills and the ability to learn quickly and work well independently
- Excellent communication, presentation, partnership and influence skills and ability to communicate well to all levels within the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong sense of team work and customer service orientation
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com