Job DescriptionBasic Functions and Responsibilities
Responsible for safely delivering building materials and components on flatbeds, step decks and roll off type trailers. Must be able to operate a truck mounted forklift and unload products in a safe manner and damage free. Mostly local deliveries with occassional overnight stays.
- Drives safely and obeys all DOT regulations and rules.
- Maintains accurate DOT hours of service logs.
- Performs pre & post trip inspections.
- Conveys loads to their destination in a safe and timely manner.
- Inspects load prior to departure - securing with cables, chains, binders and straps.
- Assists with loading, unloading of materials and coordinates activities of workers helping to load and unload.
- Safe operation of forklift at jobsites.
- Ensure that products delivered are damage free - notifies dispatch immediately if damaged.
- Checks off all materials on load sheets to ensure all products are delivered.
- Takes jobsite photos and forwards to dispatcher.
- Positive attitude and courteous behavior to customers and fellow employees is required.
- Required to wear Company Personal Protective Equipment while on all job sites if required by jobsite.
Note: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.Minimum Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Class A CDL License
- Clean driving record
- Two years commercial driving experience or Driver Training schools certificate
- Excellentorganizational skills
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to maintain good attendance
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Forklift experiencein manufacturing environment
- Warehouse experiencein manufacturing environment
Job Posted by ApplicantPro