Systems Engineer - TS/SCI
- Posted: over a month ago
Strongbridge has an exciting opportunity for a talented, experienced Systems Engineer with a passion for innovation to support our team. Ideal candidates should be self-starters who value their work and the contributions of their team members! Systems Engineer candidates must be US Citizens who have an active TS/SCI and who have lived in the for the past 3 years consecutively.
The Systems Engineer will resolve complex incidents in a federal cloud environment workspace utilizing Windows/Linux/VMWare and interface with Tier 1 Helpdesk Specialists and end-users alike and collaborate closely with cybersecurity and engineering teams to solve problems, provide expertise, and maintain cybersecurity compliance, aligned to federal guidelines
- Responsible for software/patch management tools such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), design and implementations of Microsoft SCCM at the enterprise level
- Maintains and supports day to day operations and configuring/troubleshooting all aspects of SCCM effectively, including patch management, software distribution
Operating System Deployment, reporting, and logging. Supports in Microsoft service management and monitoring tools such as SCOM and SCSM
- Works in Microsoft client/server platforms, networking impacts on SCCM architecture, scripting (PowerShell), creating and deploying operating system images for Windows servers and
workstation customized to organizational/operational and security requirements
- Performs SQL/Database administration support including performing software and patch update on Microsoft SQL clustered servers
- Performs and maintains SQL/Database scripting, database management including database normalization, and supporting SQL and Database administration functions such as MS SQL and scripts such as PoWerScript used to create custom reports
- Responsible for installing, deploying, and managing Microsoft enterprise services software such as Active Directory, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DCHP), Domain Name System (DNS), and file and print servers
- Keeps IT equipment and IT services running including troubleshooting and fixing IT enterprise issues such as Microsoft operating system, active directory, Server, and hardware issues such as workstations, servers, and appliances
- Requires TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's Degree or HS Diploma and 17 years of work experience
- 15 years or more performing Systems Engineering work
- Experience with software/patch management tools; maintaining operations; configuring/troubleshooting; scripting
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a continuous process improvement culture
- Ability to multi-task with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand and effectively communicate technical concepts in a compelling, persuasive manner to
- Capable of working under tight deadlines and on several projects simultaneously
- Excellent time and resource management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently and function effectively as a member of a team and adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to work odd hours outside of standard schedule as needed
- Requires one or more of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, and/or Microsoft Certified Professional in System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) certification
Headquartered in Sterling, VA, Strongbridge LLC is a key provider of IT services and engineering to the Federal Government. Strongbridge has extensive experience and knowledge in systems engineering, IT services, strategic communications and program support. Strongbridge is financially secure and a trusted partner that treats our customers, partners and employees with integrity and respect.
Enhance Your Career as Part of Our Team:
Strongbridge is a robust and agile small business led by seasoned government contracting executives with the quality processes and management controls of a large business. Our program management processes and techniques are based on industry best practices, and certified by external auditors, ensuring low performance risk. At Strongbridge, we are not only committed to providing our employees with the opportunity to pursue their careers, but we also foster a work environment that allows for mutual respect, open lines of communication and rewards for those who contribute to the company’s success and growth. To ensure the highest level of employee satisfaction, we offer a competitive benefits package. Only by recognizing the importance of a balanced work/family life can we ensure loyalty to our company and the highest level of client satisfaction. With outstanding benefits, an exciting work environment, and ample opportunity for growth, Strongbridge is the obvious choice for the business and technology leaders of today and tomorrow.
Strongbridge offers an expansive benefits package including: health/dental/vision/life/short and long term disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, education assistance, and 401k w/company match.
Strongbridge is a proud Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/APP). Strongbridge embraces diversity by providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran. Strongbridge also maintains a drug-free workplace.
TechnologyView all jobs at Strongbridge