We are seeking a General Construction Manager(GCM) responsible for overseeing, support and Projects under construction.. In this role, the GCM will report directly to the CEO.
This position is responsible for the P&L and general management of the operation (+/-36 employees). There are direct responsibilities for Construction Operations, Development (estimating & business development).
The role will require effective cross-functional and collaborative teamwork to achieve business results.
- Responsible for organizational development and long-term operations, and administrative development for business.
- Have full management and financial responsibility for all business operations (P&L and program performance). Oversee accounting department (purchasing, project management, billing, reports, payroll, etc.).
- Acquire, align and prioritize resources and operational support team and company objectives.
- Manage the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives for project management, and back-office functions.
- Oversee and supporting construction managers, supervisors and other staff for ensuring all objectives and standards in the construction activity of the company.
- Daily and weekly reports to CEO.
- Develop and oversee administration functions of precast operations,
- Provide leadership across the organization for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships
- Develop the talent in the organization that includes a strong succession plan
- Accounting and creating of management report
- Initiate and inspire short-term and long-term planning efforts
- Set goals and objective and assist subordinates to set goals and objectives
- Communicate effectively and create environment that encourages and supports free, honest and effective communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and staff at various organizational levels.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and sense of urgency, strategic thinking, innovation, and forecasting ability.
- Solid listening skills
- Proven ability to develop and implement new strategies in a competitive business environment
- A track record in successfully managing a business through change Accepts accountability for the need to consistently achieve targeted goals
- Ability to develop talent – both as individuals and teams. Strong coaching ability. Commitment to hiring and retaining the best and acting on marginal performance
- Ability to provide strong leadership to the management team and build confidence should be a clear, strategic thinker with a willingness to take a more hands-on, operational approach where appropriate
- Energetic, open, and direct manner. Must have the stature and confidence to make difficult decisions
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Bachelors Degree Desired
- Minimum of 20 years of experience as an Construction Manager.
- Minimum of 3 years Quick books.
- Project Management Expertise.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Software requirements: MS Office Word and Excel.
- OSHA 30