Senior Strategic Finance Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Strategic Finance Manager
Brooklyn, New York
Since 2013, our founding mission at StrongArm Technologies has been unwavering: keep the world's Industrial Athletes™ proud, protected and productive.
We recognize that the beating heart of our economy is made up of millions of hardworking and dedicated individuals who put their bodies on the line to perform critical job functions that positively impacts lives beyond their own. But that responsibility doesn't come without its consequences. Far too often, preventable workplace injuries lead to lost shifts, missed paychecks and threatened livelihoods. That, to us, is unacceptable.
Industrial Athletes™ deserve an advocate and a platform dedicated to ensuring they get home safely after every shift. More than 38,000 workplace injuries across numerous job types, industries and operating environments occur around the world each hour, and our passionate team is fixated on solving this unnecessary problem through the use of technology.
From our home base in Brooklyn, New York, StrongArm Technologies develops innovative solutions and analyzes millions of hours of data, setting the foundation to help us achieve our mission of eliminating preventable workplace injury. From a couple of guys in a tech incubator to a company of more than 75 employees, our knowledge base and world-class pool of talent continues to develop as we grow the organization with a focus on end-to-end product development, data analytics, security, client success, operations and more.
In order to most effectively prevent injuries in a given operational environment, we work closely with each client across many dedicated and leading-edge teams, including client services, data and engineering, IT security and others. Each safety program is tailored to the needs of the workers on the ground and the managers who oversee them. The result is an actionable and scalable safety solution that seamlessly becomes part of a facility's daily routine and is proven to prevent workplace injuries by as much as 64%.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Strategic Finance Manager who brings strong leadership with the ability to scale a fast-growth company. Reporting to the CFO, you will be the first hire of the Strategic Finance team, and you will partner with cross-functional business partners to drive strategic initiatives and provide insights to the leadership team on key metrics, unit economics and profitability.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned strategic finance professional with tremendous integrity, vision, drive, intelligence, and capability. He/she will be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to shape the future of the business.
- Manage company's operation model and long range plan incorporating financial impacts of strategic initiatives
- Provide reports and analysis to the sales and marketing team to drive top-line growth
- Perform analysis on unit economics and profitability, TAM, competitor financial comparison and industry research to provide insights to leadership team
- Drive company's debt financing, equity fundraising related activities
- Establish key business metrics to track company performance
- Build analytical models and perform business ROI scenarios analysis to support cost allocation and investment alternatives
- Prepare ad-hoc financial models and analysis to support management's strategic decisions
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across various functional departments to prepare annual, quarterly and ongoing forecast and budget materials
- Support board meeting presentation materials and investor updates
Key Requirements / Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of experience in strategic corporate finance, private equity/venture capital, investment banking and/or management consulting
- Can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA, CPA, and CFA highly preferred
- Advanced modeling skills with the ability to build and own financial models.
- High degree of integrity and honesty with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate constructively with, and influence, business partners and finance colleagues
- Excellent written & verbal communication skill
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Aetna Health & Dental Insurance
- StrongArm sponsored 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Home Office in Brooklyn, NY with work from home flexibility
- And plenty of others!
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at StrongArm Technologies