Field Service Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Strong Technical Services specializes in the installation and service of digital projection, audio systems, and digital signage. Our company offers a unique opportunity for field technicians to work in a fast paced, agile environment with cutting edge technologies to support our growing network of customers. We are currently seeking a driven, tech savvy individual to join our field service team.
Strong Technical Services is a Ballantyne Strong Company. Ballayntne Strong is a nationwide provider of technology-based products. Ballantyne Strong is the primary service provider for theatre chains, financial institutions, healthcare facilities, and retail outlets nationwide. We are headquartered in Omaha, NE along with offices in Georgia, North Carolina, and multiple locations in Canada.
We are revolutionizing the future of digital media and digital cinema products. Do you have what it takes to be a part our team?
Here’s the role you’ll play:
- Perform maintenance on cinema projection equipment, digital signage, sound systems, servers, etc
- Provide demand and installation service for customers as well as determine and execute a support plan
- Test electronic assembly, components or parts by connecting to various equipment, such as; ohmmeter, voltmeter, ammeter, color meter, resistance bridge, oscilloscope, automatic or computerized test equipment
- Examine equipment and assemblies for defects and replaces defective components.
- Repairs equipment and performs field testing
- Resolve firmware and software issues
- Investigate customer complaints regarding quality, tolerances, specifications, and delivered condition of products
- Record, analyze, and inform appropriate personnel of production quality, and sales departments of status and disposition of customer complaints and claims utilizing written and electronic reporting
- Install electronic or digital equipment and tests
Here’s what you need to make the cut:
This position requires in and out of market travel, both domestic and international. The position also requires the ability to work weekends, holidays and on-call.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college preferred
- 1-3 years relevant experience in technical support, networking, field service, PC repair or related field
- Must be familiar with working networking skills and network infrastructure
- Previous experience with troubleshooting at the board level for AV equipment utilizing software, error logs and service manuals
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent communications and customer service skills (verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with and troubleshooting within a windows operating system
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license that is good standing
- Must be able to sit, stand, push or pull for periods of time
- Must be comfortable completing working using ladders
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
Here’s what makes us so great:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- A fun environment that fosters energy, creativity and results
- Highly collaborative and flexible working environment
- High-caliber partnerships and on-going opportunities to work with industry leaders and experts
- We invest in, and use, the latest technologies
Strong Technical Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?