Executive Assistant to CEO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
StriveTogether is a national movement with a clear purpose: helping every child succeed in school and in life from cradle to career, regardless of race, ethnicity, zip code or circumstance. We refuse to settle for a world where a child’s potential is dictated by the conditions into which they are born. We work to break down barriers, change systems and improve outcomes for as many families as possible.
The StriveTogether team is passionate, talented and dedicated to achieving our mission. We seek and value all kinds of diversity and work hard to eliminate inequities in ourselves, our organization and our communities. Our goals are bold, so we support each other to try new things, have tough conversations and push for change. As we work, we share learning and progress, use data to make decisions and celebrate our wins.
As Executive Assistant, you’ll play an important role as the first and primary contact for StriveTogether’s executive office. You are highly organized and enjoy owning and orchestrating administrative details. Reporting to the President and CEO, you’ll provide support and coordination to the executive office. You are extraordinarily comfortable communicating with executives and management. You can maintain confidentiality with sensitive information both internally and externally. You are a self-starter who can handle high-pressure situations with ease, tact and good judgement. Change and adaptability intrigue you and you feel comfortable managing multiple tasks at a time.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work with the country’s only national Cradle to Career Network focusing on helping every child succeed.
About the position
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the executive office, including the CEO and Chief of Staff. The Executive Assistant will manage calendars, expense reports, communication and follow-up, as well as other administrative tasks. This role will work closely with the Chief of Staff as a liaison to the Board of Directors, helping to schedule meetings, take meeting minutes, and orchestrate meeting logistics virtually or in-person. The Executive Assistant provides vital support to the chief executive to help prioritize their time and ensure they have the materials, meetings, and relationships needed to achieve results.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Secretary. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated. Anticipate CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team. Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Executive Team, on behalf of the CEO.
- Work with the Executive Team to coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives. Nonprofit board experience is highly-preferred.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, funders and partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
This is an exempt position with a salary range of $82,000-98,000. StriveTogether offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. This position will work out of the Cincinnati, Ohio office.
Applications and cover letters are due by February 17, 2023.
StriveTogether is an equal opportunity employer.
Get fresh Executive Support Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.