Project Engineer – Commercial Interior Construction
Striker Contracting is seeking entry level Project Engineers with some experience in commercial construction. On a daily basis you will be responsible for the coordination between Striker employees, owners, subcontractors, architects, and engineers. This position is the initial step in developing an employee’s managerial and communication skills.
- General Contract and Subcontract administration
- Monitor and document jobsite safety and accident prevention
- Construction Scheduling
- Material & Equipment – procurement and expediting
- Shop drawing and submittal review and coordination
- Project cost review, reporting, updating and accounting
- Review of subcontractor applications for payment
- Participation in and documentation of project coordination meetings
- Supervision and coordination of subcontractors’ field installations
- Review and negotiate change proposal pricing from subcontractors
- Prepare change proposal pricing for self-performed work
- Change order documentation and associated cost reporting and maintenance
- Research and suggest options on construction means, methods and equipment
- Maintenance of As-Built plans
- Quality control
- Project Closeout
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering related field required
- Construction internship or other related construction work experience prefereed
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
- Must be either willing to relocate to Atlanta or already living in the aea.
- Strong work ethic and desire to work in a team environment
Fast-paced office environment. Ability to travel, as required.
Striker Contracting offers a comprehensive employee benefits package.
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Disability Benefits
- Life Insurance