Locator (Delta Directional)
You are a Horizontal Directional Drill Locator with industry construction experience. You have knowledge of current construction work safe practices. In this role, you will assist in building telecommunications networks. This position provides opportunity for a diverse career path and longevity with an industry leading telecommunications company.
Provide HDD drill head location services for the HDD Operator around and/or on utilities for fiber installation projects
- Operate HDD Locator equipment in accordance with company and industry standards
- Maintains company equipment per service requirements and safety guidelines
- Experience working on right of ways in all conditions
- Communicate work progress and safety performance to the site supervision
- Install conduit, vaults, cable etc. i.e. doing labor work when not locating
- Maintain all equipment in good and safe working condition and report any findings to supervisor
- Experienced in operating Falcon F2/F5 locators
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver's record and valid full-driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven - CDL with Air and Tanker endorsements preferred
- 1 years' experience locating for a directional drill
- Travel is required for this position
- Previous experience as HDD Rig Operator is a plus
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner
- Strong knowledge of construction documents
- Must be able to track and communicate daily production and materials.
- Must be capable of handling logistics and crew assignments
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders' needs, and identify solutions
- Ability to work with little supervision, while adding to a safe and positive team environment is a must
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ConstructionView All Strike Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.