Supervisor, Maintenance Engineering
- Posted: over a month ago
Strides Pharma Inc. is currently looking for a Supervisor, Maintenance Engineering , to join our team in Chestnut Ridge, NY.
Strides Pharma, Inc. US generics specializes in soft-gel capsules (SGC), oral solids, modified releases, topicals and liquids. We also produce high competition products with benefits of a fully integrated value chain. We have an overwhelming focus on an efficient R&D to derive on-time approvals, market launches, and sustain growth momentum. approvals, market launches, and sustain growth momentum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize all work activities and delegate tasks to the appropriate Maintenance Technicians
- Schedule and organize all work activities
- Coordinate with Manufacturing to ensure the sites are in compliance per cGMP
- Monitors facility environment
- Oversee buildings and grounds at multiple sites (House Keeping, Lawn Maintenance and Snow Ploughing activities, and Pest Control Services)
- Manage and oversee outside contractors and vendors for equipment installation, repair, inspections, etc.
- General troubleshooting and problem solving of facility and production equipment. Manage and prioritize all service requests
- Liaise with Fire Inspection
- Responsible for the periodic checks of critical facility equipment i.e., boiler, compressor, dust collectors, etc. Oversee the PM (Preventive Maintenance) Program, including writing PMs, SOP’s and signing off on PMs each month
- Organize and oversee the parts inventory. Order parts as needed. Upgrade Equipment and Utilities
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and redirecting employees’ activities; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Oversee, direct, and monitor the activities of Maintenance Technicians and Electricians
Scope of Authority
Responsible for providing maintenance Services for Facilities at Chestnut Ridge
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Technical discipline and 3+ years Facility/Production Maintenance experience and/or training; or 6-10 years Facility/Production Maintenance experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous facility/production maintenance experience in a cGMP or regulatory environment is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
Skills and Ability
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and gain clarification; respond to questions; demonstrate effective presentation skills
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Strides Pharma Inc
AddressSpring Valley, NY
Real EstateView all jobs at Strides Pharma Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?