BD Events Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The Event Manager’s primary function is to successfully coordinate and execute all aspects of Stretto’s New York events for its Corporate Restructuring business unit. In conjunction with members of the company’s Marketing, Business Development, C-suite, and BD Events Teams, this position is responsible for managing all events and experiences focused on increasing Stretto’s New York presence, while adhering to Stretto’s overall company brand guidelines and reputation for best-in-class service.
The Event Manager will maintain an annual New York calendar and manage logistics for numerous events and experiences focused on the New York market as well as other events across the country, traveling onsite when necessary. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the legal or professional-services industry. This position must be based in New York City. No relocation assistance is provided.
- Develop, implement, and adhere to established event processes and procedures.
- Upon executive approval, sign contract agreement and process payment. Submit invoices for catering, equipment, and event related line-items.
- Create, update, and maintain event calendar with program date, location, deliverables, attendees, swag requests, etc.
- Request and review attendee lists; scrub and distribute such lists to internal teams as requested; managing relationships with external vendor and venues.
- Schedule pre-event and post-event meetings with internal Stretto team members to identify best practices.
- Travel to and oversee offsite events to ensure the presentation quality is aligned with Stretto’s brand standards.
- Manage all aspects of events including all amenities, speaker materials, company signage, marketing collateral, promotional items, creating an event schedule, booking speakers, reserving a venue, securing audiovisual and other equipment, arranging for catering, and serving as the primary point of contact, etc.
- Coordinate with venue personnel (and external vendors when necessary) to arrange onsite hospitality rooms, AV equipment, and other catering needs, etc.
- Maintain high-level of professionalism and competence when dealing with clients; obtain client feedback and make appropriate changes for improvements.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Preferably in the field of Communication, Marketing or Advertising.
- Three to seven years of event-planning experience is required.
- Experience in a professional-services firm, financial-services firm, or law firm is required.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to juggle competing, shifting priorities.
- Advanced experience using SalesForce is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals internally and externally at all levels.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to work hands-on to achieve objectives.
- Consistent ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience supervising administrative staff.
- Superior communication skills.
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
The annual base salary range for this role is currently $90,000 - $125,000. The Company’s salary ranges are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of various factors, including job-related skills, relevant education and experience, abilities of the applicant and equity with other team members. The annual base salary range listed here is subject to change at any time, in the Company’s discretion, and does not alter in any way the at-will nature of the employment relationship.
Stretto offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.
AddressNew York, NY
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?