Red Bank, NJ
Our client in Monmouth County, NJ is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer.
- Manage the design, configuration, implementation and support of the LAN, WAN infrastructure. Manage complex Server, LAN, WAN, and wireless networks throughout the company; and serve as primary point of contact for changes on all Network related systems.
- Collaborates day-to-day with the IT Infrastructure Manager and Systems Administrators on hardware and software configurations, monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, provisioning and Disaster Recovery testing.
- Consult with business line management to define needs, boundaries and priorities of tentative projects including equipment acquisitions and specific information requirements. Coordinate the business requirements with division/department management and other IT departments to determine the most cost-effective solution.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate complex systems or network implementation and modification projects, assigning project phases to appropriate staff. Prepare progress reports to inform management of project development and deviation from predicted goals.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve network systems problems to minimize down time
- Define, develop, implement, and maintain the process involved in administration, maintenance, and security
- Establish and maintain vendor relations to deploy and manage network operations
- Documenting policies, processes and procedures of new and existing duties
- Ability to design, maintain, troubleshoot, support and resolve network stability and performance issues.
- Strong understanding of Wireles,TCP/IP networking, firewalls
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, leadership, team player, task management skills, attention to detail and project coordination/planning.
- Strong ability to define and analyze problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply judgment, implements solutions, and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field.
- 6-8 years of professional technical experience in system development and infrastructure.
- Significant knowledge and experience in:
- LAN/WAN technologies, such as MPLS, DNS, DHCP, BGP, routing and switching.
- Data center technologies