- Posted: over a month ago
POSITION SUMMARY: In support of Stratum’s insurance services business line and its wholly owned subsidiary, Stratum Brokerage Company LLC, the Insurance Executive will be a key contact for the growth of the insurance business line. The Insurance Executive will have responsibility for delivering savings and enhanced services to Stratum shareholders and clients, as well as develop business plans and service offerings to drive new revenue to Stratum Brokerage Company. The Insurance Executive will also have responsibility for servicing both potential clients and retaining clients.
Bachelors or Masters in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing or equivalent experience
Minimum five years of insurance experience preferably focused on large group employee benefits and/or P&C segment of the business. Experience selling to or supporting healthcare organizations is a significant plus.
Interpersonal skills: Must work effectively within a team environment with an ability to gain trust and build consensus to move business strategies forward.
Licensure: Must hold or is in process of obtaining a current Producers License or that is in good standing with Life, Health, Property, and Casualty lines of business issued by the Illinois Department of Insurance and/or the appropriate state as needed
Relationship building: Must establish relationships with the C-suite, HR and Risk Management Departments within Stratum’s shareholder and client environments. Similar skills need to be deployed in building trust and rapport with carrier, co-broker and other strategic partners.
Decision-Making/Problem-Solving: Organizes and analyzes information and directs the problem-solving processes. Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels, both orally and written. Ability to think conceptually and strategically.
Flexibility: Must be able to work evenings and weekend hours as needed as well as be open to special assignments which may be tasked by senior administration. Position will also require overnight travel as needed.
Independence: Must be self-motivated and self-directed and strive for professional and personal growth.
Organizational/Planning Skills: Is required to coordinate multiple projects and assess priorities with an ability to bring closure to assigned duties.
Performs highly complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge and its application to a variety of situations as well as exercising of independent judgment.
Executive Director, Stratum Insurance Services
Vice President, Stratum Brokerage Company
Areas of Responsibility:
Leadership and provide support to Stratum’s Insurance Services Business line as well as Stratum Brokerage Company LLC.
Staff as deemed necessary to support Stratum’s insurance business line
Chief Executive Officer
Stratum Shareholders and Clients
Insurance Carrier Partners
Stratum Brokerage Company Staff
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Service Line Management
- Works diligently to establish relationships and create processes to retain current block of business
- Generates savings and performance reports as required
- Determines and manages co-brokerage relationships insuring favorable financial performance and customer satisfaction of Stratum insureds
- Manages relationships with key carrier partners and determines the appropriate partners given market changes and shareholder/client needs and demands
- Assists in creating all marketing and outreach material in support of the service line
- Assists in making certain brokerage and producer licenses are current and up-to-date in Illinois and other reciprocal states as may be necessary
- Business Development
- Focuses on growing Stratum’s insurance service line presence and its impact on Stratum members
- Searches for new revenue sources or commission opportunities as appropriate
- Seeks out opportunities for self-funded or shared risk models with insurance carriers spreading risk across Stratum’s insured base
- Assists with corporate website presence including new media and social networking
- Continuously seeks ways to differentiate Stratum’s unique structure, history and culture in marketing to potential new shareholders and clients
- Will seek out new technology and approaches to extend Stratum’s brand regionally and nationally
- Cross promotes other Stratum programs and services as appropriate
- Internal Consulting/Customer Support
- Provides assistance and input in support of shareholder and client HR and Risk Management Departments
- Helps facilitate responses to requests for proposal and assists in insurance renewals as required
- Acts as shareholder/client advocate when interfacing with carriers, ensuring all claims are handled expediently and appropriately
- Responds to client questions and inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Keeps abreast of national healthcare insurance and risk management trends and seeks ways to communicate information to Stratum’s shareholders and clients
- Attends seminars and other training venues as appropriate to maintain licensing and for knowledge/skill development
- Provides educational material as desired to Stratum shareholders and clients
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other duties which may be assigned by Chief Executive Officer or Vice President, Stratum Brokerage Company
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Stratum Med