The Security Guard is reliable, service-oriented, and a punctual individual who maintains a professional appearance. This person will watch for shoplifters and report any irregularities presented in a government facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing an unmatched level of service to the client as well as the client’s customer base.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Maintaining a high level of vigilance as well as observing and reporting all suspicious activity to ensure the protection of the client’s assets.
- Monitoring and enforcing all policies set forth by the client in a professional manner.
- Maintaining a strong presence in an attempt to deter criminal activity.
- Protect the client’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances.
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences.
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents.
- Patrol randomly or regularly the client’s place and perimeter.
- Monitor and control facilities entrances and vehicle gates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain composure during challenging situations
- Ability to stand post for several hours at a time.
- Knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols.
- Excellent customer service.
- Surveillance skills and detail orientation.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Flexible; willing to adapt to last-minute schedule changes.
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
- Willing to work nights.
- Willing and able to use email, as well as mobile device applications.
- Valid Guard Card
- Valid CA driver's license and good driving record are required. Must be 21 or over to drive
- Baton Permit
- OC Permit
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Reliable Transportation
- Drug-free (Able to pass a drug test, drug screening, and background check)
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Must possess a Smartphone
- Tech Savvy
- CPR/First Aid Certified a plus