The Senior Coatings & Waste Water Treatment Engineer role will bring innovative and timely solutions for process standardization & control, cost improvement, asset reliability, scrap reduction, new process equipment & methods and advanced technology. This role will be a technical leader in our organization by assisting in creating strategy, identifying opportunities, establishing collaborative environments, aligning with key stakeholders, prioritizing & planning activity, measuring results and communicating & rewarding the successes. It will require working closely across multiple teams to provide cost effective solutions that are designed for manufacturing at a world class level.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This role may have supervisory responsibilities for salary associates which would include interviewing, training, creating challenging objectives, planning/prioritizing work, appraising performance, providing constructive feedback, development planning, succession planning, and working with human resources to address all disciplinary/associate issues as necessary.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree, Background in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Metallurgy or related field required.
- Minimum of 8 years of technical experience in coatings and water treatment processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Process Expert - Strong coatings & waste water treatment background with emphasis on equipment, preventive maintenance, processing, materials, theory and current with global technology.
- Data Driven Decision Maker - Efficiently collect, analyze and present data in a clear & concise format, interpret data analysis and provide insightful recommended solutions.
- Change Agent – Execute timely change thru the implementation of lean concepts and process improvements, small & large, on-plan and within budget.
- Influencer - Ability to influence thru communication skill, data analysis & insightful presentation.
- The ability to manage projects and work in a team project environment is required.
- Understanding of lean concepts and how to apply them to a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of quality control and part print references (GD&T) is a plus.
MATHEMATICAL & REASONING ABILITY
This role will require the ability apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Some of these principles will include the ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) and to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Strattec Security Corp.