Human Resources Generalist
Strattec Security Corp. Milwaukee, WI
- Expired: November 05, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. STRATTEC creates exciting opportunities to people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners.
Let us know who you are! We want to know what motivates you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing team.
SUMMARY Responsible for communication activities, recruitment and selection along with other general HR responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working with the Engineering Co-op Coordinator, coordinates and administers the Co-op program
- Maintains and develops social media sites for recruiting and employee relations purposes, TV monitors.
- Manages the hiring process for entry level salaried, co-ops and interns including phone screens, interviews, presentation of the Company, reference checking, etc. May assist with other hiring projects as needed.
- Makes employment offers following approval of terms and salary.
- Develops and maintains relationships with educational institutions, employee agencies and other sources of applicants.
- Manages Dayforce and Sierra new hire set ups, changes, onboarding and applicant tracking systems including job library, job board contracts, quality of data, etc.
- Develops and maintains hourly internal job posting program.
- Assists with hourly attendance program.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Represents the Company at job and career Fairs professionally and reaches out to community groups to sell STRATTEC as a “great place to work”.
- Prepares and coordinates appropriate reports for federal reporting requirements (EEO-1 and Affirmative Action Plan).
- Works with outside agency to answer questions and clarify data issues in order to complete the required documentation for affirmative plans.
- May assist with performance review process and other projects as available.
- Creates and runs specialized requested Ceridian reports as requested by HR Department and/or management staff.
- May provide HR representation on various employee committees such as wellness, values and beliefs.
- Responsible for coordination and planning of onboarding program in multiple locations.
- Provides support for audits by Finance and outside auditors, audits annual background checks and random drug screens in El Paso, driver license and insurance audits for company drivers, etc.
- Supports the service award and recognition programs.
- Provides excellent customer service to both managers and employees.
- Maintains employee files.
- Administration of hourly testing program.
- Maintaining and scanning attendance warnings and disciplinary actions in Dayforce.
- Backs up others in the department as needed.
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; and one to three years related experience in human resources and/or training.
Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Internet experience with social media (Facebook, LinkedIn) and other database (HRIS, applicant tracking systems and other web-hosted HR products).
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to exchange information, persuade/gain consensus, implement decisions and/or obtain approvals.
Must be able to interact professionally and communicate with associates at all different levels within the organization.
Preferred previous recruiting experience, including behavioral interviewing, reference checking, college recruiting, etc.
Must be familiar with employment processes, employment legal requirements and affirmative action.
Previous experience with performance evaluation software and/or compensation preferred.
Second language (Spanish) helpful.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.