STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. STRATTEC creates exciting opportunities to people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners.
Let us know who you are! We want to know what motivates you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing team. The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude; have a multidiscipline background, and a passion for innovation. We are looking for leadership skills to develop a new group internally.
If you are one who like to build a team, has strong skillsets and likes to see your own ideas come to life, apply quickly!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude, skilled at prototype and production development; have a multidiscipline background and a passion for innovation.
- Perform the electrical design, simulation and analysis of power electronics circuits and systems to meet technical product requirements
- leads the strategic management of the engineering tools, licenses and tool support and optimization to STRATTEC needs
- Looking for leadership skills to develop STRATTEC’s capability in electronic hardware design and system developments such as wireless, low power applications, battery operated devices, and motor/solenoids type products.
- Focal point for electrical design technical discussions with cross-competency team, management and customers using highly effective communication and facilitation skills and techniques
- Work with other engineering competencies, suppliers, and partners to ensure proper development, execution and verification of systems and products
- Define the electronic controller architecture, allocate hardware and software requirements (Preferred knowledge with Renesas, NXP, TI processors)
- Work closely with mechanical and software teams to enable manufacturable unique solutions
- Potentially to organize and lead team member activities according to priorities established by senior management
- Lead assignments with remote team members across the globe such as China, India, and Europe
- Research, explore & prove out new technologies, chipsets, and processes for inclusion in future projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- An Electronic skilled Engineer that is experienced in Power Electronics circuits design and Wireless technology
- Candidate must demonstrate expertise using Schematic Capture, simulation and Circuit layout tools such as PSpice, OrCAD, PADS, Altium, Mentor, Matlab/Simulink, Stateflow, etc.
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 Safety Standards and Requirements is preferred
- Develop technical documentation including product specifications, layout instructions, test procedures, etc…;
- Motor and solenoid drive circuits (BJTs, MOSFETS, H-bridges, etc.)
- Expertise in connection technologies, actuators, sensor technology
- Knowledge in diagnostics and communication systems (CAN LIN/K-Bus, flashing via bus, …) and Software tools (Vector CANape/CANalyzer)
- Coach and mentor other engineers on understanding and utilizing new design practices and methods such as schematic capturing, PCB layout, and SW implementations
- Make recommendations and implement courses of action commensurate with operational needs.
- Participate in the system and lead the electronic component DFMEAs
- Proficiency in using lab equipment including Network Analyzer, Signal generator Oscilloscope, etc
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment required.
- Ability to research and develop new technologies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BSEE required. Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years experience required in some combination of the following areas:
- Automotive electronics product development
- Power Electronics circuits design, Wireless technology, Modeling, simulating, and testing of electronic Modules and Systems
- Demonstrated experience in leading an engineering team.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
3333 West Good Hope Rd. Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53209