Assists with the fulfillment of patient orders to ensure patient’s receive their medications on time. Under the direction and supervision of the Pharmacy Program Manager and Team Lead, the Care Pharmacy Technician assists members by providing support, identifying adherence barriers, improving adherence, and facilitating patient medication orders to support member compliance with treatment plans.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand confidentiality with respect to patient/ client care; complying with all federal and state laws applicable to the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) and electronic protected health information (EPHI); and follow HIPAA guidelines regarding readily identifiable protected health information
- Provides telephonic follow up with members to provide medication management to assigned patients for chronic disease support
- Coordinate delivery of medications to the patient
- Organize daily call lists in preparation for the Pharmacist
- Facilitate patients to the Pharmacist for all clinical needs
- Manage patient orders to the point of Pharmacist verification to ensure the order is complete and ready for final verification
- Complete assigned tasks related to medication management services.
- Accessing, inputting, and retrieving information through the Pharmacy’s computer network to maintain accurate records
- Obtain refill authorizations from prescribers
- Process and prepare third-party insurance claims
- Maintain accurate patient/client profiles
- Provides medication management services utilizing prescribed workflows
- Comply with established procedures, rules, and regulations
- Completes clear and concise documentation in Care Management programs
- Professionally answer phones and direct customer calls to the appropriate personnel
- Accept prescriptions to be filled and ensuring that the PIC has the data necessary to fill the orders
- Handle customer problems/concerns in a calm manner and referring them to the pharmacist accordingly and notify the pharmacist of any issues
- Promoting teamwork, professional services and clear communication
- Recognizes and adheres to the scope / limitations of job requirements
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy technician license or pharmacy technician trainee license from the Texas State Board
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to read and transcribe pharmaceutical information
- Sit for long periods of time, stand for intermittent periods of time
- Bend, reach, climb, squat, lift, push, or pull a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Flexibility to work in an office setting and work from home, per business needs
Stratifi Health LLC