*Straticon is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Straticon Constriction has an opening for a Senior Project Manager at their current project in Boca Raton, Florida. This person must have a knowledge of High-rise construction, and has handled multi-million dollar construction projects in the past. The applicant must have a minimum 15 years of project management experience in commercial construction to be considered. Experience in Hotel and Condo building is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews Owner’s expectations/criteria, coordinates with design team and owner, reviews design documents, identifies key subcontractors, develops bid packages, develops schedules, develops site utilization plan, identifies project staffing requirements, provides value engineering ideas, develops project procedures manual, coordinates and obtains permitting.
- Maintains continuous knowledge of job site expenditures/back charges, analyzes financial ability of subcontractors to perform, prepares revenue projections, manages cash flow, develops and maintains labor cost reports, set up project schedule of values, approves job expenditures, prepares and processes monthly owner’s requisitions, manages change order process.
- Studies owner contract, develops scopes of work, reviews budgets and scopes with estimating, develops purchasing schedule, establishes schedule of project meetings.
- Complies with contract requirements, coordinates with corporate scheduling, prepares and distributes detailed project schedules, prepares resource loaded schedules, prepare and distributes monthly updates, develops look ahead schedules.
- Administers design coordination of multiple projects/designers, administers document control, administers RFI process, prepares monthly reports, implements and reports MBE program, develops and implements crisis management plan, maintains partnering initiative, maintains project management computer system (CMiC), obtains home office approvals for waivers of policy, conducts project meetings, evaluates and responds to project risks, and provides dispute resolution
- Conducts trade pre-construction meetings, coordinates subs and vendors, coordinates permit inspections, maintains sub relationships, manages safety, manages shop drawing and material expediting processes, manages daily clean up and rental equipment, performs daily job site walks, coordinates specialty inspections, and manages start-up and commissioning of equipment.
- Interacts regularly with owner, participates in client-promoted activities and complies with client needs.
- Obtains certificate of occupancy and other government approvals, submits “As-Built” drawings, submits operations manuals, completes punch list, coordinates owner move-in and start–up, finalizes owner training programs, obtains and delivers warranties and transfer Attic Stock, demobilizes field operations, collects final payments and deposits, closes out subcontracts, submits project history reports, terminates insurance and bond coverage, completes asset transfer, obtains client referral, conducts post project debriefing, archives project records, and administers warranty period services.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 10 to 15 years’ experience as an Project Manager with a major general contractor
- Strong computer skills are a necessity, including familiarity with construction project management applications, CMiC is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and are required to interface directly with owners’ representatives, the A/E team, building departments and other team members
- Strong leadership skills are required including, but not limited to coaching, mentoring and the ability to build and maintain motivated teams
- Highly developed project management finance skills are required
- Prior Renovation experience is preferred
- Ground up commercial construction experience is required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with all design, architectural, and engineering professionals
- Adept at problem solving and creative thinking
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and ladders.
- Noise level varies