The Mandarin Floater Teacher will work as part of a team to support instruction appropriate for preschool thru K grades with an emphasis on vocabulary, listening, speaking, reading, and writing. This person must be professionally prepared to teach Mandarin to young children. Additionally, the teacher agrees to uphold the high expectations and standards of Stratford School. Our Mandarin floater teachers will assist non-bilingual program classrooms on a day-to-day basis and potentially for short term coverage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, supervise, and implement the Mandarin curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the other Mandarin teachers to plan and implement the Mandarin curriculum to students.
- Fluent and accurate written and verbal skills and in-depth knowledge of Mandarin culture as it relates to the curriculum.
- Responsible for maintenance and inventory of Mandarin curriculum at your campus.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Participation in all school events and other special events as needed; Back-to-School Night, Open House, Stratford School's Annual Family Picnic, Staff Meetings and Trimester Grade Level Meetings.
- Monitor, document, and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student progress and issues, and conference as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to your principal.
- Contribute a monthly section to the school newsletter.
- Establish a non-punitive method of seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Assist in other duties as assigned by the principal, including morning arrival and departure procedures.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework, or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. An educational background with early childhood units shall include courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum or a Bachelors of Child Development is needed for this opportunity. Must successfully clear criminal background check. Prior work experience in a classroom setting preferred. Mandarin Fluency a must.
A classroom of collaborators can change the world.
Stratford School offers an unparalleled education where tradition meets 21st century learning. Our unique and nurturing school environment motivates students through high expectations in a collaborative and fun learning environment.