Human Resources Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Corps is a federally funded, residential vocational training program for socioeconomically disadvantaged youth aged 16-24, with over 120 locations across the U.S. (www.JobCorps.gov).
The Human Resources Specialist ensures that recruitment, training, support, policy compliance, and benefits administration function optimally to meet center and corporate goals.
1. Plan, coordinate and manage personnel services for Strategix staff in collaboration with site management. Recommend new policies and procedures.
2. Respond to employee inquiries regarding performance appraisals, compensation, benefits, training and development, and employee relations. Escalate issues to the Strategix Site Director and corporate office as needed.
3. Coordinate and assist in staff training in collaboration with management and implement organizational and personnel changes as approved by the Strategix site director and corporate office.
4. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion in handling sensitive employee data.
5. Coordinate the recruitment and screening of applicants; extend approved employment offers and coordinate the processing of all job references for new employees in conjunction with Strategix automated systems including pre-employment screenings, verification of previous employment and educational attainment.
6. Coordinate and facilitate new employee orientation to help new hires adjust to the social and performance aspects of their jobs.
7. Oversee monitoring of the Strategix automated performance appraisal system to include new employee training, management training, ongoing documentation, and mid-year and annual reviews. Partner with Corporate HR on the annual calibration process to ensure fair and consistent evaluations and recommend administrative changes in line with appraisal outcomes.
8. Incorporate DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) practices into all HR functions.
9. Guide management in administering Strategix’s progressive discipline and performance coaching policy; forward grievance, discrimination charges, requests for termination and other critical personnel matters to the Programs Director and corporate HR for review; assists with conducting investigations, mediations and other employee relations matters
10. Maintain employee personnel files and vacancy reports in compliance with Strategix and DOL requirements using hard copy and automated systems.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Associate degree in Human Resources or related field and two (2) years’ experience in HR administration or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective relationship-building skills with staff. Must enjoy working with students. Information technology proficiency including MS Office. Sound knowledge of labor laws and practices. Must be approachable and diplomatic. Strong critical thinking skills. Good organization and time management skills. Good ethical judgment. Unless waived by management, a valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record is required.
Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years’ experience in HR administration. Training and mediation skills preferred.
As a federal contractor, Strategix Management LLC is required to comply with federal agency guidelines regarding COVID safety protocols. Currently, these guidelines require that employees at federal contract sites comply with masking and physical distancing protocols based on local COVID levels in the community. Strategix will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons as requested.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources.
Why Our work Matters:
Strategix Management LLC (Strategix) is a U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified 8(a) and Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) management consulting firm with offices in Washington, DC. We focus on providing federal government agencies and other clients with innovative solutions to modernize how they do business and serve their constituents. Strategix has experienced exceptional growth across all practice areas by applying our team’s collective management consulting experience and by providing breakthrough solutions with superior client service. We are seeking talented professionals who are focused on innovation, servant-leadership, and real-world change to support and continue our rapid growth.
Our firm has partnered with some of the most influential commercial organizations and government agencies to provide mission critical and high priority solutions to the most challenging national and global issues. At Strategix, we listen to understand our customers' needs and deliver real solutions to imagine, safeguard and develop a more connected and healthier world.
Strategix Management LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Company Sponsored Benefits:
As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for Strategix’s compensation package including health benefits from CareFirst Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans. Our medical insurance includes nationwide POS (PPO equivalent) options ranging from Bronze to Platinum levels with an average employer contribution of 70% and an employee contribution of 30% for the base plan. Our dental and vision insurance includes an employer contribution of 75% and an employee contribution of 25% for the respective corporate selected plans.
Additional benefits include:
· 401(k) with Immediate Company Match
· 2 weeks of Vacation Days per calendar year
· 40 Hours of Sick Leave
· 11 Paid Federal Holidays
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
· Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
· Critical Illness Insurance
· Accident Insurance
AddressSan Bernardino, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Strategix Management