Career Preparation Period Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Strategix Management LLC (Strategix) is a U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified 8(a) and Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) management consulting firm with offices in Washington, DC. We focus on providing federal government agencies and other clients with innovative solutions to modernize how they do business and serve their constituents. Strategix has experienced exceptional growth across all practice areas by applying our team’s collective management consulting experience and by providing breakthrough solutions with superior client service. We are seeking talented professionals who are focused on innovation, servant-leadership, and real-world change to support and continue our rapid growth.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Stephanie Buckner at (410) 696-9219.
Salary: $39,000 - $43,000 annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Make a difference in a young person’s life! Our Workforce Education and Training practice area is seeking a Career Preparation Period (CPP) Specialist at the Woodstock Job Corps Center in Maryland. Job Corps is a federally funded, residential vocational training program for socioeconomically disadvantaged youth aged 16-24, with over 120 locations across the U.S. (www.JobCorps.gov) The CPP Specialist role functions as an advisor and facilitator to help newly enrolled students acclimate to the Job Corps program, guide them in selecting a career pathway, and setting short-, mid-, and long-term goals. Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Summary of Essential Functions
- Assist each newly enrolled student to feel welcome and to acclimate to the program through structured activities in compliance with the Job Corps Policy and Requirements Handbook and Strategix requirements.
- Facilitate the Job Corps MyPACE curriculum over the course of several weeks to ensure each student researches labor market information and participates in career exploration and career planning to select a suitable career pathway.
- Focus on assisting each student to develop the employability skills necessary for job success through instruction in Job Corps Career Success Standards competencies.
- Assist students in developing testing skills and coping with test anxiety in preparation for the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) and other tests.
- Manage the CPP schedule and communicate with faculty to ensure lessons and staff presentations are delivered timely.
- Collaborate with other members of the student’s support team, including the counselor, nurse, disability coordinator, and instructional staff to provide wrap-around services for student success.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation in Job Corps information systems including case notes, attendance, career plans, and student evaluation forms.
- Contribute ideas to improve the CPP curriculum and acclimation activities and conduct periodic student surveys to ensure ongoing quality services.
- Utilize information systems and handle student data in strict adherence to Job Corps and Strategix policies to protect students' personally identifiable information (PII) and reduce network security threats.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience working with disadvantaged youth, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Teaching or training and facilitation experience preferred.
- Information technology proficiency including MS Office.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of residence with an acceptable driving record.
The requirements listed above represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why Our Work Matters
Our firm has partnered with some of the most influential commercial organizations and government agencies to provide mission critical and high priority solutions to the most challenging national and global issues. At Strategix, we listen to understand our customers' real needs and deliver real solutions to imagine, safeguard and develop a more connected and healthier world.
Strategix Management LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Company Sponsored Benefits. As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for Strategix’s compensation package including health benefits from United Health Care (UHC) Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans. Our medical insurance includes nationwide POS (PPO equivalent), EPO and HMO options ranging from Bronze to Platinum levels with an employer contribution of 60% and an employee contribution of 40% for all plans. Our dental and vision insurance includes an employer contribution of 75% and an employee contribution of 25% for the respective corporate selected plans.
Additional benefits include:
- 401(k) with Company Match
- 2 weeks of Vacation Days per calendar year
- 40 Hours of Sick Leave
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
10900 Old Court Rd Woodstock MD 21163Woodstock, MD