Sr Network Engineer
Strategic Systems Columbus, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in related field, six to eight years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Preferred certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Core Infrastructure,
• Proficiency with network infrastructure design, configuration, and implementation.
• Proficiency with Cisco, Sonicwall, Sophos, and Meraki infrastructure solutions.
• Familiarity with Zyxel, Juniper, and Aruba infrastructure solutions.
• Proficiency with VMware environments.
• Cyber Security experience is a plus; investigating, troubleshooting, and remediating network/system security related issues and developing solutions/strategies to protect against security threats. Experience with NIST Frameworks also a plus.
• Ability to configure and troubleshoot various technologies and protocols, such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, IPsec, LACP, VLANs, DHCP, ISCSI, VoIP, ESXi, etc.
• Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining 10Gb SAN networks for virtualization with VMware EXSi
• Experience working with SAN-based Data Stores
• Must possess working knowledge of and direct experience with network design and troubleshooting; routing, bridging, and gateways; Internet web site applications and servers; LAN support; hardware/software.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
• Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Design--Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to
build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Organizational Support--Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
TechnologyView all jobs at Strategic Systems