Software Application Engr IV
201 S Anaheim Blvd , Suite 401 – Anaheim, California USA
12+ Months potential
Support the City of Anaheim’s Accela Permits & Land Management System primarily for crystal reports development, gathering of reporting business requirements and specifications, reports testing and documentation. Will also support the various activities surrounding the implementation of the Accela application and its operations by writing test cases, resolving user or implementation issues, scripting and API set-up for interfaces.
- Development of crystal reports using direct SQL queries from the Accela Oracle database
- Writing of ad-hoc and saved search reports using the native reporting tool embedded in the Accela application.
- Gathering of business requirements to document specifications for reports development
- Interact with Accela application and reports users to conduct reports testing, reports migration and production maintenance
- Development and implementation of processes for reports migration, testing and support maintenance
- Develop and maintain scheduled and/or online scripts for the Accela application
- Provide production support for the Accela application by assisting or interacting with users in troubleshooting issues, work on change implementation and support maintenance
- Follow through on all issues and users inquiries to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- Prioritize and assign target completion dates for fixes and change orders in concurrence with application users and team members
- Follow existing business processes and operational guidelines when supporting the business application users, vendors and maintenance activities such as escalation of issue/system downtime, change order implementation, perform root cause analysis, apply patch, etc.
- Interact with city staff and vendors in resolving issues and other business related matters in maintaining the Accela online site, payment portal and business application
- Able to support the city departments 24x7 business operations and be available onsite during the city’s business hours
- Educational background preferably in the fields of Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Must have 3 to 5 years of business applications maintenance support and/or development experience
- Must have 4 to 5 years working experience in crystal reports development preferably using the latest version of Crystal Reports
- Must have working experience and functional knowledge of the Accela Permits and Land Management software
- Proven work experience as an applications developer
- Must have hands-on programming experience using SQL, PL/SQL or comparable data manipulation language (DML).
- Must have working experience in providing production application support and interact with business owners and application users including troubleshooting/resolving application related issues
- Must have working experience with relational databases such as Oracle and/or MS SQL Server
- Must have experience in applications development, version upgrades and system implementation
- Must have excellent verbal communications, interpersonal skills, technical writing and documentation skills
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment with good problem solving, organization and planning skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task and provide off-hours support for production related business applications issues and/or technical environment support
- Must have the ability to train application users and develop technical documentation and/or user guides
- Working knowledge of Accela Automation development is desirable
- Working knowledge of Accela Citizen Access Portal is desirable
- Working knowledge of Accela Tidemark System is desirable
- Working knowledge in developing and maintaining reports using COGNOS or any other industry equivalent reporting tools is a plus
Our clients span many industries including financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, and insurance. We have a proven track record in helping them maximize their IT investment and achieve their business goals.
Strategic Systems has provided Business and Technology-Based Services to Fortune 500 companies for over 15 years. These services, as illustrated below, provide an agile, flexible and predictive approach to Application Development, Application Management, Data Management, Network Management and QA Testing across a broad spectrum of Industries. Strategic Systems delivers its services in a cost effective manner from one of three global locations: State Side, Nearshore and Offshore. These services incorporate extensive industry experience coupled with a delivery frame work that provides our customers superior resources, processes and technologies used to analyze, develop, test and deploy a quality product.