Strategic Systems Grand Forks, ND
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
2nd Shift : 2.00 PM to 12.00 AM
7 month contract
Pay rate $20.13 hourly on W2.
* Oversee the operation and maintenance of a high pressure gas/oil fired boiler plant along with all associated equipment during a given shift on a 24/7 based schedule to include weekend and holidays.
* Oversee the boiler automation system to ensure the correct operation of the boilers and all related equipment in the steam plant. Perform duties associated with startup and shutdown of boilers and associated equipment following established procedures in a safe and efficient manner, while maximizing overall plant efficiency.
* Prepare steam plant daily shift logs, and other required paperwork such as entering data into steam plant spreadsheets, work orders, leave slips, and incident reports. Accurately prepare steam plant data monthly reports for coal, gas, and oil usage along with total steam flow and water usage.
* Assist the Production Supervisor with training of newer staff on safe and efficient plant operation through following proper policies and procedures and overall layout of all associated equipment.
* Perform duties associated with the Steam Plant water treatment program following established procedures, such as water testing, blowdown control, adding chemicals, softener regeneration in a safe and efficient manner. Preform other water treatment duties as assigned.
* Assist maintenance staff with cleaning, repair and maintenance of boilers and associated equipment. Includes fireside cleaning, waterside cleaning, and boiler tube turbine along with other maintenance duties assigned.
* Subject to call back to maintain shift coverage and overall plant operation.
* Selects and lays out required materials per work orders or verbal instructions.
* Sets up and operates tools and machines incidental to operations.
* May be required to assist with requisitioning new supplies and equipment.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Complies with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
* Minimum 1 year experience with high pressure boiler operation and completion of a two year technical degree or equivalent, or a minimum of two years’ experience in the Maintenance and Operation field.
* Requires knowledge of trade fundamentals sufficient to perform specialized service and repair work.
* Requires ability to work from drawings, diagrams, sketches and verbal instructions.
* Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which includes ability to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc.
* Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed. subject to callbacks seven day a week, 24 hours a day
* Required to use a variety of hand and power tools or forklift.
* May be required to possess a valid driver’s license.
AddressGrand Forks, ND
Real EstateView all jobs at Strategic Systems