Working as a member of a project team, the Technician is primarily responsible for enhancing over-all job site productivity and ensuring high-quality work. The Technician will work with multiple aspects of the cable installation process including OSP, ISP, rack, stack, patch, pathway construction, rough-in, routing, Telecommunication Room build-out, cable terminations, labeling, and grounding. The Technician's goal is to complete tasks with a high degree of quality and efficiency, while practicing professionalism for optimal job performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety is our number one priority. Follow safe work practices and company and client work site policies.
- Promotes company Core Values to foster and safeguard family-centric culture.
- Installation of structured cabling systems including all aspects of the installation process: OSP, ISP, Rack, Stack, Patch
- Reads and interprets all floor plans, drawings, specifications, and cut sheets
- Properly sets up a variety of copper and fiber testers
- Performs system testing and troubleshooting as required
- Terminates, labels, tests and troubleshoots optical fiber and copper installations
- Assist in developing Installers to complete all the tasks and responsibilities of a Technician
- Proactively oversee and lead job site organization and basic housekeeping maintenance.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain satisfactory compliance with customer security requirements
- Excel in technical tasks such as testing and troubleshooting
- Minimum 2+ years’ work experience in Structured Cabling experience in a commercial construction environment.
- Prefer 2-3 years of experience in Fiber.
- Prefer Data Center installation experience.