Job Title: LOW VOLTAGE (LICENSED) FIBER TECHNICIANS
Location: Cheyenne Wyoming 82001
Duration: Contract To Hire
Pay Rate: $25.00/hr on W2
Working as a member of a project team, the Technician is primarily responsible for enhancing over-all job site productivity and ensuring high-quality work. The Technician will work with multiple aspects of the cable installation process including OSP, ISP, rack, stack, patch, pathway construction, rough-in, routing, Telecommunication Room build-out, cable terminations, labeling, and grounding. The Technician's goal is to complete tasks with a high degree of quality and efficiency, while practicing professionalism for optimal job performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety is our number one priority. Follow safe work practices and company and client work site policies.
- Promotes company Core Values to foster and safeguard family-centric culture.
- Installation of structured cabling systems including all aspects of the installation process: OSP, ISP, Rack, Stack, Patch
- Reads and interprets all floor plans, drawings, specifications, and cut sheets
- Properly sets up a variety of copper and fiber testers
- Performs system testing and troubleshooting as required
- Terminates, labels, tests and troubleshoots optical fiber and copper installations
- Assist in developing Installers to complete all the tasks and responsibilities of a Technician
- Proactively oversee and lead job site organization and basic housekeeping maintenance.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain satisfactory compliance with customer security requirements
- Excel in technical tasks such as testing and troubleshooting
- High school diploma or GED required
- In-house Certified Training Required (company provided): OSHA 30, Manufacturer Fire Stop training, Hilti Powder Actuated Tools, E2 Scissor Lift Safety, E2 Fall Protection, E2 Confined Space Entry, and First Aid/CPR preferred.
- Wyoming Low Voltage Communications License required
- Minimum 2+ years’ work experience in Structured Cabling experience in a commercial construction environment.
- Prefer 2-3 years of experience in Fiber.
- Prefer Data Center installation experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated and excellent work ethic that aligns with Values.
- Solid team player exhibiting values of accountability, collaboration, integrity and respect.
- Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Ability to understand and effectively explain every aspect of the structured cabling system. including pathways, spaces, horizontal cabling, backbone copper, backbone fiber optic, cross- and inter-connections, and testing. This includes understanding applicable codes, standards, and industry-best practices and the ability to differentiate between them and make recommendations.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook.
- Ability to choose the correct tool and methodology for a given task.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning from senior team members.
- Ability to listen carefully to and follow instructions.
- Demonstrated team work and versatility in integrating into multiple work environments.
- Exhibit a positive attitude.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to distinguish color codes and read a tape measure.
- Must be able to meet E2’s driving standards policy.
POSITION BONUS ATTRIBUTES
- Obtain company approved (manufacturer) certifications
- Obtain BICSI Installer either Level 1 or Level 2 certification
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The standard work environment for this position is an indoors business office and construction environment. Ability to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands, stoop, kneel, bend, rotate, push, pull, reach with hands and arms on intermittent to regular basis daily. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must regularly carry and climb ladders to 20 feet. The employee may be required to work in tight, confined spaces. The employee must demonstrate regular and on-time attendance. There could be a requirement of occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Some tools will be required to be provided by the employee during the first three months of service.
MUST REGISTER (link below) IN ORDER TO WORK ON SITE, UNLESS THEY ARE ALREADY REGISTERED. LICENSE IS A HUGE MUST FOR THE FIRST FEW CANDIDATES SUBMITTED!