Job Title: Desktop Support Technician II
Location: Grand Prairie TX 75052
Duration: 06 months to hire
Pay Rate: 20.00/hr. On W2 without Benefits
Work schedule: M-F 8:00 AM to 4:30 pm.
- PC/laptop Deskside | Break/Fix Support | IMAC | Server, Application, & Network Support | Project Management.
- Repair, test, image and clean PC’s, laptop, monitors, printers, and other related hardware.
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot, software and computer peripherals.
- Ability to setup, configure and add all hardware.
- Experience with asset management.
- Install, move, add, and change.
- Large IMAC events expected for client printer migration and PC refreshes.
- Assure that all tickets requiring follow up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention.
- Assist with installations, configurations, upgrades, patch, and other maintenance activities of server equipment.
- Perform backup, recovery, and security procedures both planned or during emergency. Follow established procedures to detect, diagnose, and accurately report outage of critical site applications.
- Assist with diagnoses of network hardware and performance problems.
- Perform approved installation, configuration, and maintenance of physical network.
- Perform network system administration task both planned or during emergency.
- Comfortable with face to face interactions as will be required to provide technical support to end users in-person at the customers site
- Support of Citrix Farm, NAS, Print, and application servers
- Printer configurations and setup (XEROX MFP, HP MFP, Zebra Label Printers)
- Handheld scanners (intermec) programming and deployment as well as arranging services on broken units.
- Assist in developing and documenting improvements to current processes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Experience working in an enterprise environment.
- 2-5 years of related work experience, or AA degree, or technical training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A+ Certification – or able to obtain within first 6 weeks of employment.
- Solid experience and understanding of IT services and products
- Enthusiastic about technology and willing to learn and stay on the cutting edge.
Phone screen, WebEx interview then onsite interview.
- Relatable and responsible when interacting with ALL customers
- When the customer has a problem—are they going to dread your visit? If yes, you’re not picking up what we’re putting down.
- Consultative approach to solving issues – Help us, help them!
- Able to transform technical IT solutions lingo into terms everyone understands.
- Impeccable follow-through to customer satisfaction.
- Will attempt to connect to anyone you meet, no matter how difficult.
- Insatiable desire for knowledge, independence, and success—strive for more than the status quo.
- Not intimidated by problems you’ve never seen before—confidence is key!
- Hungry to work hard and hungry to grow your career!
Our clients span many industries including financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, and insurance. We have a proven track record in helping them maximize their IT investment and achieve their business goals.
Strategic Systems has provided Business and Technology-Based Services to Fortune 500 companies for over 15 years. These services, as illustrated below, provide an agile, flexible and predictive approach to Application Development, Application Management, Data Management, Network Management and QA Testing across a broad spectrum of Industries. Strategic Systems delivers its services in a cost effective manner from one of three global locations: State Side, Nearshore and Offshore. These services incorporate extensive industry experience coupled with a delivery frame work that provides our customers superior resources, processes and technologies used to analyze, develop, test and deploy a quality product.