Aircraft Sheet Metal/Structural Mechanic
Strategic Support Solutions Greenville, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic needs to be proficient in mechanical stripping of paint materials on aircraft panels and surfaces; corrosion repair and mitigation of aircraft panels and structural components; modifications to and structural repair of aircraft panels and structural components. Qualified candidates will be skilled in inspecting and evaluating structural damage to aircraft sheet metal systems and preparing composite surfaces using state of the art materials, methods, procedures, and inspections
Experienced technicians will be proficient in the use of common tools such as hammers, punches, pneumatic drill motors, rivet guns, hand sanders, high speed grinders and sanders, protractors, calipers, height, depth, dial gauges and other common pneumatic tools
Must have experience in the removal of panels and skins and other aircraft components in preparation for removal and application of surface coatings Ability to read and follow technical data, blueprints, engineering drawings, standard operating procedures, and manufacturing specifications in the maintenance process.
Must be able to utilize all requisite manufacturers’ manuals and accurately process all pertinent required paperwork, log entries, company work orders, & parts requests.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have experience with previous with King Air airframes or military equivalent.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license preferred, but not required
- Reliable, self-motivated, and able to deal with stressful situations and timelines while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Must possess own tools required for the job
- Tools must be properly shadowed and etched in accordance with the tool control policy
- Candidates will have to pass a practical test upon employment
- Three years of continuous and recent experience required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Be physically able to perform aircraft mechanic duties.
- Stand, squat, sit, walk, work with arms overhead for extended periods of time.
- Pull, push, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Competitive Salary
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer Contribution to medical insurance
- Non-taxable Per Diem for qualifying employees
- Employer-paid access to Telemedicine for routine medical issues
- Discount Programs for hotels, airfare, movie tickets, and other attractions
- Paid Time Off
- Weekly pay
Strategic Support Solutions
TravelView all jobs at Strategic Support Solutions