PS-Application Developer III
Engagement Description - A brief description of the project or initiative. Include:
• 1. Applies project management skills to ensure timely delivery of assigned projects of own work.
2. Collaborates with Business Analytics Services, Strategic Informatics and Business Analytics Operations in the development of analytic plans, identification of data sources and specifications, execution of programming, and review of results. Possesses a working knowledge of administrative medical claims, relational databases, and primary data marts, defining code lists for diagnoses/procedures, and deriving variables required for analyses,
3. Applies a continuous improvement mindset of quality and optimization in all project work. Writes efficient and well-documented queries for data extracts and programmed analyses. Identifies opportunities for improvement in departmental processes that ensure high quality deliverables. Adheres to departmental and enterprise data standards. Identifies opportunities for automation and executes them in individual project work.
4. Partners with various areas of HCV and IT to author comprehensive business requirements for data feeds/transfers, funded corporate projects for HCV, vended software solutions, and enhancements to internal foundational data sources, in accordance with IT delivery processes. Once established, works with IT and vendors to execute data exchange to the established requirements. Executes UAT of IT or vendor-provided solutions, ensuring compliance with business requirements.
5. Serves as a subject matter expert in at least one of the following areas: stakeholder area portfolio, observational data methods, statistical modeling, departmental data sources, software, IT, lines of business, or health research specialty.
Top 3 Required Skills/Experience –
• 3-5 years of progressive work experience working in SQL Server environments.
• Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
Required Skills/Experience –
• Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies.
• Advance SSIS, SSMS and T-SQL working knowledge.
• Knowledge of data warehousing and data mining concepts including but not limited to ETL, datamart design, fact tables, dimension tables, data views within data marts/data warehouses, olap, rolap and data models such as star schemas and snowflake schemas.
Preferred Skills/Experience –
• Knowledge of healthcare terminology, plan/benefit design and fundamental operational principles and administrative claims data including standard coding schemes such as ICD-9/10 and HCPCS.
• Ability to communicate effectively with IT and business team members
• Ability to recognize data patterns, quantify potential issues and identify solutions. Ability to standardize, harmonize, clean, prepare and use data for developing datasets, reporting and analysis.
• Ability to effectively document STM and ERD
• Bachelor degree required in a related field such as Computer Science, Engineering, or Finance.
• Master degree preferred in a related field such as Computer Science, Engineering, or Finance.