Oracle Database Administrator - Junior Level
- Responsible for supporting business funded and all other portfolio funded work efforts based on project requirements; delivered to customer expectations.
- Work with engineers to determine end solutions for each project by comparing hardware/infrastructure alternatives in conjunction with cost, use, growth, supportability, etc.
- Collaborate with application architects, product managers, business analysts and technical management team to design, develop and document databases, schemas, tables, functions, triggers, procedures, relationships and other necessary aspects of the database.
- Configure and implement monitoring tools to report and alert on significant application and system level events in Oracle using OEM. Work with senior engineers to document standards for where new rules apply or ad hoc changes are driven by project requirements.
- Experience with database standard concepts, practices and procedures are required. Experience tracking these items within a large scale environment and communicate to diverse groups accordingly.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision as well as provide direction and oversight to application team.
- Must have hands-on Oracle 12c experience with at least understanding of latest tuning and optimization techniques.
- Hands-on Oracle DB upgrade experience, Oracle (11g to 12C, 12c to 18c/19c) is a plus.
- Experience in designing and developing new databases and schemas is a plus.
- Experience with tools such as:
- Monitoring tools: CA, UI or Splunk
- Scheduling tools: ESP
- DBA tools: TOAD
- Modeling Tools: ER STUDIO, ERWIN, or equivalent
- Solid database administration skills on 12c, 12c RAC, and ASM in Linux.
- Experience in database performance monitoring and tuning skills, SQL and Stored-Procedure tuning OEM AWR/ADDM/GRID is a plus.
- Excellent PL/SQL and SQL PLUS development and tuning skills are a plus.
- Skilled at both logical and system levels desired.
- Knowledge in Automation/development using Ansible, Splunk, Python or other like tools is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related disline, or at least 2-3 years of diverse work experience in IT, or the equivalent in education and work experience.