We are seeking a Cleaning Technician to join our team! You will be responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly environment. Under direct supervision, performs a variety of major and routine cleaning throughout the interior of the hospital complex. Adheres to the principles of Service Excellence Guiding Behaviors and the philosophy and mission of health client in all aspects of job performance
NIGHT SHIFT 3-11 PM!!!!
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide service/care appropriate to the age of the patients served, in accordance with Mercy standards.
2. Washes windows, walls, ceilings, light fixtures, cleans all horizontal and vertical surfaces.
3. Analyzes floor conditions, determines proper cleaning method to ensure proper appearance.
4. Operates vacuum.
5. Dry mops and wet mops and spot cleans any type of floor.
6. Coordinates all environmental services activity with the unit or department involved to minimize problems and ensure safety.
7. Performs special isolation cleaning according to established procedures as required.
8. Removes soiled linen from beds, washes beds, remakes beds with clean linen on patient room transfers and dismissals.
9. Polices all first impression areas as necessary to maintain the areas in a clean and tidy condition throughout the day and night.
10. Replenishes supplies where needed, maintains cleanliness of all equipment and storage areas.
11. Reports the need for repair of equipment, furniture, building and
Fixtures to the appropriate person.
12. Assists in the cleaning of emergency spills, floods, etc., as required.
13. Works well with co-workers to complete routine tasks and special tasks.
14. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by lead person or supervisor.
15. Is knowledgeable of and actively participates in improving patient safety and reducing risk to patients. Complies with Safety and Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
16. Recognizes and communicates issues/occurrences utilizing established lines of authority, and assists in identifying ways to resolve variances or unacceptable outcomes.
17. Actively participates in department meetings, committees, conferences, and in services.
18. Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Mercy and Trinity Health Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
19. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, Mercy and Trinity Health’s Organizational Integrity Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
20. Maintains confidentiality of information pertaining to clients, physicians, employees, and Mercy business.
21. Demonstrates general working knowledge of computers and department specific software (i.e. Healthstream, internet, etc.)
22. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties so assigned.
- Previous experience in cleaning, maintenance, or other related fields
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills