Software Engineer – DevOps Architecture & Engineering
People want to be treated like individuals. At , we get that. That’s why we embrace and encourage peoples’ uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential – and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security.
Before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place.
The Delivery Acceleration Solutions Group’s goal is to help the organization to rapidly produce software products and services while thinking about quality throughout the SDLC. This is the essence of DevOps. Are you an individual who understands the DevOps mentality? Do you have a start-up attitude, but think like an enterprise? Like taking risks and love it when it pays off? The healthcare industry is evolving and time to market is critical to success. is changing and as our CIO has said: “We are not moving fast enough.” We need an individual who thinks differently and has the experience to influence an organization.
- Collaborate with team members (including scrum masters, product owners, system architecture ) to implement solutions supporting the DevOps evolution at
- Extend our existing CI/CD best practices to our public cloud platforms to create a reusable pipeline for those workloads
- Create additional supporting solutions using languages like Python, Node, Groovy or Go.
- Ensure that everything we run (products or in-house developed solutions) are deployed using the same deployment automation (CI/CD) pipelines we build for our enterprise counterparts (Jenkins CI, Gitlab CI, Sonarqube, Artifactory, etc.)
- Create an observability architecture for our solutions in order to make them easier to support while they run (log aggregation, monitoring, alerting, etc.)
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, Engineering Architecture and other architecture leaders at to curate and manage best-of-breed solutions to support a DevOps culture
- Maintain alignment with the industry as new architectures and capabilities within products we currently manage emerge and employ them in a way that improves our solutions
- Engage with the technical community to collaboratively develop technologies through an inner-source methodology to fuel capability reuse
- Has strong focus on business outcomes and is focused on results
- Subject matter expert in one or more technologies/platforms or highly specialized area(s), and working knowledge of other related domains
- Is comfortable with open source and understand when a good commercial compliment is available
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of four years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.