CATEGORY Machine Operator
JOB TITLE Folding Machine Adjuster
SALARY $17-$20/hr DOE
SHIFT 2nd and 3rd
TERMS Direct Hire
17-20/hr + $0.55 Shift Prem
Job Title: Folding Machine Adjuster
Summary Sets up, adjusts, and operates folding machines by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoots operating difficulties including: analyzing machine operations, inspection of products, locating troublesome elements within machines and makes necessary mechanical adjustments to eliminate quality variations and mechanical malfunctions.
- Sets up folding machine per sample and order jacket specifications.
- Examines work order to determine specifications and sample verification.
- Supplies proper tooling and components to the folding machines.
- Inspects product quality according to quality guidelines.
- Maintains accurate counts of envelopes to boxes, cartons, and skids.
- Adjusts folding machine and packs envelopes uniformly and neatly, also keeping up with the machine speed.
- Replaces gum window roll and roll of paper, as needed.
- Checks order throughout course of production to ensure accurate labeling, printing, and packaging of product.
- Removes paper jams and performs preventative maintenance when scheduled.
- Transports finished goods to appropriate area.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and at the assigned machine on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person.
- Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Good Mechanical Aptitude
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Why Work Here?Different job openings around your area!
Great opportunity with a growing company!