Location: Ellsworth AFB, SD
This position is located at or near Ellsworth AFB, SD supporting military service members and their families.
Special accommodations can be requested for applicants who live 55 miles away from the installation.
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Applicants must be licensed in the state of South Dakota at an independent practice level (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, LPC, LMHC, LICSW)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and must speak fluent English.
- Must hold a Master’s degree from an accredited graduate program in a mental health-related field such as social work, psychology, marriage/family therapy, or counseling.
- Must hold and maintain a valid unrestricted counseling license or certification from the state in which services are provided.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provides face-to-face, non-medical counseling to military service members and their families and makes appropriate referrals and transfers to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Services include assessment, brief counseling and consultation, action planning, referral to resources (assuring linkage as appropriate), and follow-up as indicated. Delivers training and health and wellness presentations and activities as requested/directed.
- Cultivates and maintains direct, high-level relationships with high-level commanders and personnel within the assigned military unit, utilizing superior senior relationship management skills and recognizing the unique structure and mission of the assigned military unit.
- Delivers training and health and wellness presentations, participates in health fairs and other base/installation activities as requested/ directed.
- Creates a presence within the brigade/regiment in which the service and family members feel comfortable approaching the counselor, recognizing the program to be confidential. Establish and maintain working relationships with community resources and provide appropriate linkages for service members and their families.
- Tracks services performed and referrals made using the appropriate reporting system.
- Responds to critical incidents, surge and on-demand events, and special requests as directed by the POC and approved by the OSD program manager.
- Communicates with supervisors to share information regarding trends and issues at their assigned installation.
- Participates in regular in-service/training, Quality Improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
SRI has immediate openings for licensed mental health professionals, licensed professional counselors, clinical social workers and marriage and family therapists to work with the Department of Defense's largest mental health program, the Military and Family Life Counselor program. This exciting and extremely important opportunity provides flexible, walk-around counseling to military service members and their families. This population makes sacrifices every day and the MFLC program gives mental health professionals the opportunity to give back to those who are willing to give the ultimate sacrifice. If you are an energetic, compassionate, licensed behavioral health.
Strategic Resources, Inc.
Why Work Here?Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI) is an international, ISO 9001:2015 Certified, CMMI Level 3 Rated full-service provider with 30 years of experience in the Federal, military, and commercial marketplaces. SRI provides a full range of technical and support services in Telecommunications, Information Technology, Management Consulting, Engineering/Logistics and Healthcare Services to the Federal Government and Fortune 500 companies. SRI is an Affirmative Action Company and Equal Opportunity Employer.
SRI is a customer-driven; employee-focused organization, committed to excellence in quality, service and care.