Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI), a company with 30 years of excellence serving the Federal Government; and, over 15 years supporting Military Family Readiness and Resiliency for the Department of Defense, is honored to announce our recent contract award in support of the Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) Program. SRI is an international, ISO 9001:2015 Certified and CMMI Maturity Level 3 Rated full service provider and we welcome you to become a part of our network.
Overview: SRI is actively seeking energetic, compassionate, licensed counselors and social workers to provide non-medical counseling services to military service members and their families. Non-medical counseling is supportive in nature and addresses: conditions of living; life skills; improving relationships at home and at work; stress management; adjustment issues, such as those related to returning from deployment; marital problems; parenting, and fear, grief and loss. Counseling modalities consist of individual, family, couples and groups. The Child and Youth Behavioral (CYB)-MFLC provides in person, confidential, non-medical counseling services that benefit military children. The demands of military life may be most difficult for children, who may have to start over in new schools, have little or no control over where they go, and generally lack the coping skills of adults. CYB-MFLCs understand the issues military children face and can provide support to meet their individual needs. CYB-MFLCs are usually based out of or near a military installation, working out of a school, Child Development Center (CDC), camp, or Youth and Teen Center. Locations are projected to include installations in almost all states (including the District of Columbia), U.S. territories and commonwealths, as well as many international locations.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Provides face-to-face, non-medical counseling to military service members and their families and makes appropriate referrals to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
· Consults with military command and installation service providers as requested.
· Consults with teachers, CDC providers, parents, and children regarding disruptive class behaviors.
· Provides support to teachers, families, and students regarding deployment and reintegration.
· Interacts with children and parents from the larger military community and Child and Youth Services (CYS), during special events, parent groups, and center activities (such as weekend basketball or soccer at the youth center).
· Partners with and augments activities of Service Family Centers, Guard and Reserve programs (including Inter-Service Family Assistance Committees), unit family support staff officers, and other programs and services to build coalitions and connect Federal, state, and local resources and non-profit organizations to support Active Duty, Guard and Reserve families.
· Provides approved training and education programs.
· Tracks services performed and referrals made using appropriate reporting system.
· Provides MFLC response to critical incidents, surge and on demand events, and special requests as directed by the POC and approved by the OSD program manager.
· Manages duty to warn and mandatory reporting situations according to DOD protocol.
· Communicates with supervisors to share information regarding trends and issues at their assigned installation.
· Participates in regular in-service/training, Quality Improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
Strategic Resources, Inc.
Why Work Here?Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI) is an international, ISO 9001:2015 Certified, CMMI Level 3 Rated full-service provider with 30 years of experience in the Federal, military, and commercial marketplaces. SRI provides a full range of technical and support services in Telecommunications, Information Technology, Management Consulting, Engineering/Logistics and Healthcare Services to the Federal Government and Fortune 500 companies. SRI is an Affirmative Action Company and Equal Opportunity Employer.
SRI is a customer-driven; employee-focused organization, committed to excellence in quality, service and care.
Eielson Air Force Base, AK