A highly successful internet and media company is looking to hire a Business Intelligence Analyst to join their BI team. The BI Analyst will be responsible for developing database based queries, reporting infrastructure and processes that provide business insight into company performance.
This position will work with all levels of the organization to help them with their information needs.
The ideal candidate will have very strong technical skills in database query languages used for reporting. The person should be comfortable extracting, manipulating and analyzing large amounts of data. More importantly, this person should love working with data and have the intellectual curiosity to dig deep into our current data models and structures to help answer a variety of business questions.
The Business Intelligence Analyst role will also:
· Source and transform data from internal and external data sources through tools and programming methods.
· Use data to tell a story. Make recommendations to help acquire new users, reduce user attrition, and grow our revenue.
· Troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues and maintain high level of data accuracy in the data being reported.
· Work with large data sets and extract useful data sets to support product, marketing and other departments.
· Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating findings to cross functional groups.
Skills and Experience Required:
· Superior SQL Skills including advanced query techniques
· Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years experience in sourcing, manipulating and transforming data
· Experience with Cognos, Qlikview or other query/visualization tools.
· Experience with at least one programming language such as Python, Perl, Java desired
· Excellent communication skills
· Understanding of affiliate marketing, display advertising or other web commerce business desirable